Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Intro/Teaser

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.

Prologue
Dublin, you had me at "Hello"

"Imagine a world that doesn't know its own rules. No cell phones. No Internet. No stock market. No money. No legal system. A third of the world's population wiped out in a single night and the count rising by millions every day. The human race is an endangered species. A long time ago the Fae destroyed their world and decided to take ours. History says they moved in on us between 10,000 and 6,000 BC, but historians get a lot wrong. Jericho Barrons says they've been here since the dawn of time. He should know, because I'm pretty sure he has, too. For a long time there was a wall between our worlds. With the exception of a few cracks, it was a solid barricade, especially the prison that held the Unseelie. That barricade is gone now and the prison walls are dust. All of the Fae are free: the deadly Dark Court and the imperious Light Court, who are every bit as deadly, just prettier A Fae is a Fae. Never trust one. We're being hunted by voracious monsters that are nearly impossible to kill. Their favorite food? People."

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.




Nise'

12 comments:

Beth F said...

Oooooh That sounds good!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is quite an intriguing intro, but I can tell it's probably not the kind of story I'd like. I hope you love it.

grammajudyb said...

Great intro. Not really a story I would pick up off the shelf. I'm kind of a "happy story" girl myself. I'll be interested to see how you enjoy it. My Tuesday Intro is here

fredamans said...

Sounds awesome and creepy too. Imagine if we were fairy food. Whoa!

Harvee44 said...

Sounds good though it's not a favorite genre for me. Suspenseful though.

Paulita said...

This sounds like a good one to read as we come upon the end of the Mayan calendar. Here's Mine

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have noticed this author a lot, and I'm curious....but the book doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Hope you love it, though; and thanks for visiting my blog.

Tiffany Drew said...

I've seen this everywhere. Not my usual kind of book, but I'm curious enough that I might just give it a go. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

My Teaser
Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice

JoAnn said...

Interesting intro, but doesn't sound like my kind of book... I'd have to read a little more to be sure. Chilly cover!

Yvonne said...

I've been wanting to read this one. It sounds really good.

Esme said...

this sounds a little too dark for me.

Staci said...

OMG..I so want to read this one!!!!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP