Sunday, December 16, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.

I am avoiding wrapping a room full of presents by reading! 

Thoughts on the Books I Read Last Week:

A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman
When I first met Emma, Charity's (A Passion Denied) friend, I hoped she would get her own story and as the series moved forward certainly hoped Sean would be her KISA.  An emotional, honest story of flawed people trying to live out their faith.  Sean and Emma have much to overcome on their way to a HEA.  I loved that they were friends first and Julie made us wait and sweat it out!  Thank you to Staci for sending me a copy of this book.


A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman
The last single O'Connor is doing all he can to remain so.  Prohibition Agent Steven O'Connor is also working on putting his past behind him. Then he meets Anna Kennedy.  She causes him trouble in more than one way!  I loved the drama and triangles of this book.  It kept me guessing as to how it would all turn out.  There was quite a bit going on in the book, but it is easy to keep it all straight.  I am going to miss the O'Connor family and hope there is more from this family in the future. *Hint, hint*
Beautiful Sacrifice by Elizabeth Lowell
According to Maya legend, December 21, 2012, will mark the end of the world as we know it, It is a myth...or will their prediction become reality? Lina devotes her life to Maya artifacts and teaches college classes. A friend, Hunter comes to her for help.  Some confiscated artifacts have been stolen and they may be connected to Lina's family.  As they investigate the theft they are drawn in to adventure, mystery and romance that may end in their deaths.  Narrated very well by Richard Ferrone, fun to listen to with the date looming .

Also Read:
Up From The Blue by Susan Henderson


Up Next:
Waltz with a Stranger by Pamela Sherwood
Shunning Sarah by Julie Kramer


Book Thoughts Posted:
Break the Skin by Lee Martin

Nise'

19 comments:

Teddyree said...

Sounds like a fine strategy you've got going lol. Happy wrapping when you get to it :)

A Heart Revealed sounds good. Enjoy your new reads Nise.

Marce said...

I have only heard of Up from the Blue.

I love wrapping gifts but I do hate when I leave it until Christmas Eve, eeek.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I started a little wrapping tonight and got all my Navy sons packages ready to go. Have a good week!

Martha Eskuchen said...

I love to listen while wrapping, or folding or similar tasks. My poor daughter - I left her all the grand-kid packages to wrap when we left for our trip!
I haven't read Lowell in a while although I have a box of books I collected while in that romance mode.
A Love Surrendered is one I have been eying for a while!
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sacrifice sounds interesting and very appropriate with the end of 2012 nearly upon us.

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, good hint hint at the end of that second one

The Relentless Reader said...

Toss a bow on the presents and keep reading ;)

Christina T said...

I still have to wrap all of my presents and they are in my office where I blog so I can't ignore them for too long :)

I read the original books in the O'Connor series but haven't read these newer ones yet. I think I own the first one on my Kindle though. It is always kind of sad to say goodbye to characters you've become fond of.

Have a great week and good luck with all the present wrapping!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have some intriguing books on your stack....Beautiful Sacrifice looks like one I might like, but only after the world doesn't end on Friday! lol

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm exactl the same, reading to avoid wrapping presents and general last minute christmas preps!

Have a lovely week. :-)

Kathy Martin said...

I haven't heard of Julie Lessman but the books look really good. My Monday report is here. Happy reading!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Since my accident I have been able to avoid the wrapping, lol. A present wrapped with one hand isn't a pretty sight.

Happy Reading!!!

Gigi Ann said...

I'm not familiar with any of these books. Enjoy your reading when you can work it in your busy schedule.

Thanks for the visit today.

Yvonne said...

All these books look so good! Have a great week!

Staci said...

I still need to read a Love Surrendered and can't wait. Love that family too and hope she continues writing books for us to enjoy. I have to wrap presents too!!!!

Joy said...

Beautiful Sacrifice looks like an interesting choice right now. I read a nonfiction book about the decoding of the Mayan language several years ago and it was fascinating.

Joy's Book Blog

Lindsey said...

Beautiful Sacrifice sounds like the perfect read for this week! December 22 is going to be a pretty funny day. :)
Good luck conquering your wrapping!

The Brunette Librarian said...

Lovely group of books!! :) Have a wonderful holiday. Hoping to get a ton of reading done over Christmas.

Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

Unknown said...

I'm avoiding wrapping presents too, lol. I haven't finished buying all of them yet either, so I'm sort of avoiding that as well!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP