Aurelia wasn’t hiding exactly. She just needed to get out of the crush of the ballroom—away from the people staring at her scar, pitying her limp. She was still quite enjoying the music from the conservatory. And then a complete stranger—dashing, debonair, kind—asked her to waltz. In the strength of his arms, she felt she could do anything. But both would be leaving London soon…
When they meet again a year later, everything has changed. She’s no longer a timid mouse. And he’s now a titled gentleman—with a fiancĂ©e. Is the magic of one stolen moment, one undeniable connection enough to overcome a scandal that would set Society ablaze and tear their families apart?
But forbidden love is not the only danger…a chilling secret reaches out from beyond the grave, threatening both Trelawney and the woman he loves.
I am so glad this did not turn out to be a sister against sister story. Amy and Aurelia are devoted to and they want the best for each other which leaves an impossible situation. I thoroughly enjoyed how the author worked it all out. The secondary characters were just as engaging and I hope they will soon get stories of their own. A delightful historical debut.Author: Pamela Sherwood
Published: December 2012
Pages: 434
Genre: Historical Romance
Source: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Finished: 12/17/12
This complimentary review copy was received thankfully from Beth and Sourcebooks and in no way influenced my review of this book. These are my personal thoughts and reactions to the reading of the book.







4 comments:
I am glad it was no sister vs sis story
I won a copy of this book on Blodeuedd's blog. Can't wait to read it!
Merry Christmas! :-)
This sounds great and I love that it is a debut book too!!! That cover is gorgeous!!!
I was tempted by this title. I'm glad it was enjoyable. Thanks for the review.
Post a Comment