Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday IT & TT

FFT is hosted by Diane of Bibliophile By the Sea where we share the opening paragraph of our current read to see if others would read the book based on that first paragraph.  Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.


An unforgettable novel that celebrates food, family, and the unbreakable bonds between mothers and daughters.

"When the phone call that we have been dreading comes, my daughter and I are gathered around the center island of my bakery kitchen.  Sofia is leafing through a magazine, the slippery pages floating down languidly, one after the next.

I am experimenting with a new sourdough starter in an attempt to reproduce a black bread I tasted at a bakery in Denver a couple of weeks ago.  This is not my own, treasured starter, handed down from my grandmother Adelaide's line and known to be more than a hundred years old."

In a story as warm and embracing as a family kitchen, Barbara O’Neal explores the poignant, sometimes complex relationship between mothers and daughters—and the healing magic of homemade bread.

Teaser Tuesday is Hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Nise'

14 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I am curious to know more. Hope you enjoy this one Nise.

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

this looks like a great read Nise.

My Teaser

Gigi Ann said...

This sounds like a 'sweetbread' kind of summer book to read. I think I just found another book to add to my TBR list.

fredamans said...

Looks amazing!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Anonymous said...

I read this book--very good summer book, highly recommend it! Rae
Best O' Books

JoAnn said...

This one sounds just perfect for me... and I love the cover, too!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, this one seems to surround the reader with warmth and scents...cozy!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

pdbkwm said...

This does sound interesting, but I still need to read more to see if I would like this hehe.

~ Popin

Here's mine

Trish said...

I'm a bread baker myself, so I could certainly see how an author could craft a story around family life through a busy kitchen. Sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

This sounds like a terrific book...food, family mother/daughter relationships... I like the passages you cited, too

Enjoy!

Nikki said...

Hey there! Stopping by from Books Most Wanted! Thanks for welcome and this sounds exactly like my kind of book. I hope you enjoy it! Also, my friend said I would either really love the main character of Forest of Hands and Teeth or be really annoyed by her. I can't wait to see which it will be. Happy reading!

Staci said...

I think this one sounds charming!

Jenny Girl said...

I have always wanted to bake bread at home. I did work at bread bakery in highschool, and it was lots of fun.
Thanks nise :)

kayerj said...

I think the book sounds good, but I had a starter I tried to keep going and failed :(a

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP