Sunday, September 13, 2015

Reading Wrap Up

As I said last week, plans are to try and extend the relaxing days of summer. I did that very well by accomplishing absolutely nothing last week - reading included. Not exactly what I had in mind, but this is a new week!



The Silence That Speaks by Andrea Kane
Maddie is sure someone is trying to kill her. After getting pushed into traffic and narrowly escaping major injury she decides to hire FI (Forensic Instincts) since the police just see "accidents". The team at FI believe that she is being targeted and begin to use all their gifts and connections to figure out who is targeting Maddie. The investigation begins at the hospital and the team uncovers layers of suspects and their motives, almost missing the culprit. Another good installment in this series..



If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins
Jenny and Rachel are sisters. Jenny, a wedding dress designer, has moved back to her hometown. She is excited about this new chapter in her life - a new business, being closer to her sister and triplet nieces. The only downer is her super, and she can't help herself from being drawn to him. Rachel is a busy wife and mom. Her husband receives a picture message that she can't figure out. When she shows it to her sister and Leo, they immediately know what it is and break the news to her. Rachel is devastated. This is a story of both sisters dealing with these changes in their lives with humor, honesty and heart. Enjoyed this novel immensely.

Reading:
The Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig
The Scam by Evanovich and Goldberg

Up Next:
Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
Stop At Nothing by Mary SeRine


Linking to these memes:

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.




The Sunday Post


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer.




Nise'

17 comments:

Greg said...

I wouldn't mind a little more summer, even though I do enjoy fall. Wouldn't mind hitting the lake again once or twice, I guess it's supposed to warm up again later this week.

bermudaonion said...

A week of doing nothing sounds good to me. So does If You Only Knew.

JoAnn said...

Hurray for squeezing out every last moment of summer!! We all know what's ahead...

Christina T said...

I'm sad that summer seems to be over so quickly!

I liked If You Only Knew and I still need to read Lure of the Moonflower

Teddyree said...

A week of nothing sounds pretty darn good to me but it is sad that summer passes so quickly. Remind me I said that when I'm whinging about the heat coming our way lol. So glad you loved If You Only Knew as much as Karen and I did :)

Kathryn T said...

Kristin Higgan's books sure gathering momentum, I hope she writes more like this one, although I'll take anything she writes!

Debbish said...

A few familiar books there Nise'! I've read Pretty Baby but am reading The Scam at the moment.

I think The Silence That Speaks sounds great as well so will keep a look-out for that one!

Deb

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

I hang on to summer like someone falling over a cliff hanging on by their fingernails.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Nice selection of books! I love my down time... even more so now.

Kay said...

Always nice to see what you've been up to, reading or not. LOL

I'm interested in If You Only Knew. I love that cover!

Unknown said...

I am eagerly anticipating both If You Only Knew and the Moonflower. I've really enjoyed that series.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your week...I loved Pretty Baby. Thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

A week of nothing is never a bad thing!

Have a great week
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be nice to yourself! Glad you had a relaxing week~
I would like to give that Kristan Higgins books a try. I read it is her first foray into contemporary "women's" fiction from romance. I might even want to read one of her previous titles as Sheree, I believe, was praising her work last week.

Kathy Martin said...

Seems to me that I read one book in the FI series but haven't had a chance to read any of the others. They do sound good. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

Lola said...

Sounds like you had a good reading week! The Silence that speak sounds a bit creepy, but interesting too.

Anonymous said...

If Only You Knew going on my wish list right now!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP