Friday, May 23, 2014

When We Met by Susan Mallery (review and giveaway)

Angel Whittaker earned his scars the hard way, but the scars that can't be seen are the ones that haunt him the most. Since he moved to Fool's Gold, California, he's cobbled together a life for himself as a bodyguard trainer. If he's not exactly happy, at least his heart is safe.

Working with pro-football superstars taught tough-talking PR woman Taryn Crawford one thing—she can go toe-to-toe with any man. But then dark, dangerous former Special Ops Angel targets her for seduction…and challenges her to resist his tempting kisses.

Even in four-inch heels, Taryn never backs down. Unless, somehow, Angel can convince her that surrender might feel even better than victory.

It is always a joy to return to Fool's Gold and all its wonderful characters.  We met both of these characters in previous books, and I looked forward to their stories.  Both characters have wounded/tragic pasts and how they cope with them will make it hard to open their hearts.   I loved it that Angel volunteered with a community organization and much to his surprise he was assigned to a group of six year old girls!   Taryn agreed to help him with the girls if he helped her get ready for a camping trip with clients. Fun, hilarious and totally enjoyable.   

SUSAN MALLERY is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 80 novels, with more than 25 million books sold worldwide. Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it comes to heartfelt contemporary romance, Mallery is in a class by herself.” With her popular, ongoing Fool’s Gold series, Susan has reached new heights on the bestsellers lists and has won the hearts of countless new fans. Susan grew up in southern California, moved so many times that her friends stopped writing her address in pen, and now has settled in Seattle with her husband and the most delightfully spoiled little dog who ever lived.

 Visit Susan online website, Facebook

GIVEAWAY  
Thanks to Alissa at Meryl Moss/Book Trib I have one copy of When We Met to giveaway.  This giveaway is open to US residents only.  Please enter by commenting .  Have you volunteered and found out it was not what you were expecting?  How did it turn out?
A random willing will be chosen on May 31st. 

Nise '
This complimentary review copy was received thankfully from Alissa, Moss Media Relations, Inc.Moss Media Relations, Inc. and BookTrib and in no way influenced my review of this book. These are my personal thoughts and reactions to the reading of the book.

5 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I'd like to try Mallery's books :)

Irene said...

sounds delightful

traveler said...

Love to read this lovely book. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

It's too late in the series to enter me for the giveawy, but it looks good. Volunteering makes me feel good, except when it doesn't :) I have had a bad experience where the woman I worked with took home bags of donated clothes every week when we worked together. I'm pretty sure she was selling it herself.
I need to find a way to involve Gage in something in the next few years. I'm thinking about one of those free libraries that he could help me stock!

Martha Eskuchen said...

This sounds like a fun series.
I have done volunteering that turned out different than I expected. Once I was doing pro bono work for women prison inmates. I learned that, besides being passed through all the electronic gates, you couldn't take in writing utensils as they could be used as a weapon. A bit scarier than anticipated. Thanks for the giveaway.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP