Sunday, February 17, 2013

What Are You Reading?

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.

Thoughts on the Books I Read Last Week:


In Need of A Good Wife by Kelly O'Connor McNees
Clara Bixby wants to get out of Manhattan City.  With the shortage of men at the end of the Civil War she comes up with the idea of being a bride broker for men in Destination, Nebraska after overhearing a conversation in the tavern where she works .  Clara travels with the brides to be and arrives with less brides than planned. The story is told in the voices of three women.  Thoroughly enjoyable!
Wyoming Fierce by Diana Palmer
I've read Diana Palmer for over 20 years and know what to expect from her books. This was just what I needed while going through the illness and death of my FIL last week. .
The Forgotten by David Baldacci
John Puller is back and working on a case that is very personal. His Father receives a letter from his aunt telling him that something is not right in her neighborhood. John travels to Florida to find out that his aunt has died and that not all is at it seems. He begins to investigate what really happened.  Expertly narrated by Ron McLarty and Orlagh Cassidy.
Also Read:
Shattered by Dani Pettrey (tour 2/25)

Up Next:
In The Woods by Tana French

Book Thoughts Posted:
X Marks the Scot
A Howl For A Highlander

Nise'

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of hour FIL's passing - my sympathies to you and your family.


Shelleyrae @ Book'd OUt

Blodeuedd said...

Hugs!

Karen and Gerard said...

I got IN NEED OF A GOOD WIFE from the library and hopefully will start it sometime this week!

Kristin said...

I haven't read anything by David Baldacci, but my husband's grandmother (an avid reader) reads him all the time.

Hope you have a good week!
~Kristin @ Always With a Book

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sending my sympathy your way!

In Need of a Good Wife sounds really good. Hope you have a better week...and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I'm a newcomer to Tana French, as I only recently read Broken Harbor. In the Woods is the next one I want to read. Believe it or not, I've never read David Baldacci!

The Brunette Librarian said...

In Need of a Good Wife looks really cute! Glad you liked it- Gonna put it on my TBR shelf on Goodreads :)

Have a lovely reading week! What Are You Reading This Week @ The Brunette Librarian

dollycas aka Lori said...

So sorry about losing FIL. Will keep you in my prayers.

Darlene said...

I've been thinking of all of you this week and praying for you. Glad you had some good books to focus on. Hugs.

BurtonReview said...

I enjoyed McNees last book, and glad you were able to find time to enjoy her new one! That's on my list to someday get to. Here is my post, hope you have a great week!

BurtonReview said...

But eek about the family loss, so sorry about your grief! Hugs!

Teddyree said...

Nise, I'm so sorry to hear of your father in law passing, hugs and prayers from my family to yours. I'm glad you could find a little comfort in books.

Unknown said...

I have never really been into war time fiction however In Need of A Good Wife sounds like it could be quite a good read. I look forward to reading what you think. The other two are not really my thing but I am sure they will be enjoyable.

Have a great day :D

Martha Eskuchen said...

Several good titles here. I haven't read the John Puller books by Baldacci but keep eying them.

Staci said...

In Need of a Good Wife is on my list to read for sure!!

Anonymous said...

That bride one looks like fun!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP