First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.
"This was it. Surely it must be. The instant Libby Morgan heard her paralegal tell her, "Hershel would like to see you in his office," she knew. Oh, there'd been rumblings around the office about layoffs and early retirements. Such gossip simply verified what she felt in her heart Hershel was sure to tell her. She'd waited for his moment for six very long years. Libby has wondered how she'd feel when she finally got the news. She longed to hold on to this sense of happy expectation for as long as possible."
Starting Now by Debbie Macomber
(A Blossom Street Novel)
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.








16 comments:
Nice!
My sincere condolences to you and your family. I like Debbie Macomber's books so maybe will read this one.
Here's our teasers this week: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/02/tuesday-teasers-brain-on-fire-and-me.html
Nise, so sorry about the loss of your FIL - Take care.
As for your intro, yes, I would read more. As someone who cannot wait to retire, I wish for a layoff everyday, so I can start early:)
Looks like a layoff might just open new doors for her...
My thoughts go out to you and your family.
I don't think I've ever read Debbie Macomber. The opening sets up a strong image.
It's been such a long time since I read a Debbie Macomber...and this one looks really good.
I suspect her anticipation might be all she gets, though. I'm very curious about the story.
Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST
Sorry to hear about your Father in Law.
I haven't read any Debbie Macomber...her books always have pretty covers but that's all I know about her. Thanks for the teaser.
If you are interested, my teaser is here: http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-feb-19.html
~Alli
So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.
I've never read Debbie Macomber, but I definitely like that opening.
I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. I have never read this author but I know she is loved by many. I've got to read one of her books some day.
Great teaser. Sounds like she is finally going to get what she wants.
I'd keep reading because I already want to read this one.
As always I have you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.
Can never go wrong with a Debbie Macomber. So sorry for your family's loss. My teaser: Who Do, Voodoo?
Hugs to you and your family!!!!
Great teaser!
Oh Nise, I'm so sorry to hear of your father in laws death, I'll say a prayer for you and your family in this difficult time. My thoughts are with you.
So sorry for your loss... my thoughts to your family.
One of these days I'm going to read a Debbie Macomber novel. I think everyone else has!
I like Macomber. Enjoy!
Post a Comment