"It was generally agreed by the female residents of Meryton that Mr. and Mrs. Bennet of Longbourn had been fortunate in the disposal in marriage of four of their five daughters. Meryton, a small market town in Hertfordshire, is not on the route of any tours of pleasure, having neither beauty of setting nor a distinguished history, while its only great house, Netherfield Park, although impressive, is not mentioned in books about the country's notable architecture. The town has an assembly room where dances are regularly held but no theatre, and the chief entertainment takes place in private houses where the boredom of dinner parties and whist tables, always with the same company, is relieved by gossip."
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.








15 comments:
Loved the description!
My tuesday teaser is from Cuts Like A Knife by M.K. Gilroy.
Here is my Tuesday Intros post!
Oh, I am so glad not to live in the times when the daughters are disposed of in marriage...lol
Sounds like a good book.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I've avoided all the Jane Austen offshoots. I just love Austen too much. P.D. James though, that is hard to resist. Here's Mine
I still have yet to read a P.D. James book, but this one sounds very good. Here's my TT
Ooh, nice one. I love how she used the beginning to mimic P&P :)
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_24.html
I bet my mother would like that book!!
Reminds me of Jane Austen's books. But this one's a mystery!
Oh that's very interesting. I'm not sure if I would read it--I've never read a Pride and Prejudice knock off. Thanks for stopping by.
i should probably read a knock off, as I just can't get into the real thing. And I too am so glad not to live in a society that doesn't dispose of their daughters in marriage.
coming by for the tue post
here is mine. :)
Tue Teaser and Intros Tue Post
Haven't read PD James before, but did like the intro -- enjoy and thanks for joining in.
Sounds like an interesting read. Enjoy it!
Wonderful teaser! I definitely want to read this one. P.D. James is such a great writer.
Sounds like another good one Nise! Enjoy
Oh yeah! i want to read this one!
Post a Comment