Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.Another great week of reading for me. July usually is a slower reading month for me, but this year it is totally opposite. I managed to finish six books last week.
Books Read:
Sacrilege by S.J. Parris
Third installment in the series. I love the history that surrounds the mystery that Giordano investigates. A page turner that took a twist that I hope will be addressed in an upcoming book!
I Suck At Girls by Justin Halpern
I spent an evening on my deck laughing like crazy reading this book. Many times my husband came to the slider to ask what in the heck was so funny.
Mine Til Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
I picked a good one to begin reading Lisa's books. Amelia and Cam had instant chemistry. I loved the entire Hathaway family and look forward to the 3 other siblings stories.The Great Escape by Suzanne Elizabeth Phillips - loved Lucy's story(tour 7/29)
The Island House by Pose-Graeme-Evans - fine historical fiction (review 8/1)
Submerged by Dani Pettrey - Alaskan suspense (review 8/8)
Up Next:
Death Comes to Pemberly by PD James
I Own The Dawn by M.L. Buchman
Hell on Wheels by Julie Ann Walker
I am hoping to finish The Shoemaker's Wife on audio this week. Since I have been working out in the pool, my audiobook listening as taken a dive ;o).
Book Thoughts Posted:
The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier
LFY in Mackinac Island, Michigan by Melanie Dobson
Three more days to enter the One Breath Away giveaway.









19 comments:
Holy cow, 6 books is awesome!! Ooh I had no idea Posie Graeme-Evans had a new book out, I loved her War of the Roses series, have you read them Nise? Looking forward to your review!
Have a great week and happy reading :)
I haven't heard of I Suck At Girls, but it sounds hilarious. I'm going to have to check that one out.
I've heard of all of them but it is only the P D James that I've actually read which was wonderful!
Mine til Midnight is awesome!!!! :) I'm getting ready to start Dream Lake by Lisa, CAN NOT WAIT!! :)
Have a wonderful week, hope you get to more of the Hathaways :)
What Are You Reading @ the Brunette Librarian?
Death Comes to Pemberley is on my TBR. My favorite read last week was Amulet, Vol. 5: Prince of the Elves (audio) by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what else I'm reading.
I Suck at Girls sounds good -- I enjoy funny YA novels.
I haven't read Parris.
I have a box of Kleypas. I need to read some of my old fav authors.
It's fun to read a funny book - glad I Suck at Girls tickled your funny bone.
I have Hell on Wheels and I Own the Dawn for August reading. :-)
Have a great week!
It seems you had a busy reading week! I hope you enjoy all your reads this week too :) I've never read any of the authors you listed but I believe they're on my tbr list.
Check out what I'm reading this week :)
-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages
Just the title I Suck at Girls makes me want to read it - sigh, another to add to the wish list!
You can check out my Monday here
http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_23.html
I Suck at Girls looks great....and it sounds like something I need. Laughter is good.
I am also reading a SEP book this week...
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Ok you may have sold me on I Suck At Girls...LOL.... it does look good!
Ooo, I'm glad to hear Sacrilege was so good! I've had it on my shelf for a bit but haven't picked it up yet :) I might have to grab it soon!
You had a great week! Keep that audio book dry ;P
I suck at Girls is on my list!!! Great week!!!
Great books on your list! Have a great week!
I read the first book in the Bruno Giordano series and I have the second. Didn't know there was a third already.
I listened to The Shoemaker's Wife and while I loved the story I was not thrilled with the audio production. I'm curious to see what you think of it.
I heard I Suck At Girls is great - love your week! :)
It's Monday...What are you reading? at - Between the Bind
Happy Reading!
The Halpern book sounds hilarious, it's been too long since I've read something funny :) Thanks for the reminder to find something funny soon!
Post a Comment