First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros
is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To
participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read
based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros."The stranger gave me an empty smile. It was flat and mechanical: the forced grin of someone who delivers bad news all day long. She was holding out a business card, and I was refusing to take it.
Ayana Reese, the card said. What kind of name is Ayana? One her left hand, which was clutching her notepad, I saw no wedding ring. I could bet every shingle on my roof that this girl was barely out of college and had no children. She would have a pamphlet and a workbook and seminars, but she'd never pushed a child into the world and felt what I felt both times I did it: that our bond was powerful and perfect and would not be broken. By anyone.
Yet here she was, this tiny black woman with a huge messenger bag, holding out a business card with the words Child Protective Services as if my child needed protecting. From me."
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.







8 comments:
Yup....I'd continue reading. It makes he curious for more, and I just get the feeling early on that I'd enjoy this one.
Great teaser! Wow.
This sounds good to me! I wanna know more!
Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Inspector Singh Investigates: A Curious Indian Cadaver post!
Not for me, sounds like tragic stuff is going on and I am not into tragic at the moment.
Oh no...this sounds like it's going to be a heartbreaking book!
My Teaser Tuesday
Definitely starts with a strong, opinionated voice from the narrator. Sounds like an excellent read!
I think it sounds like a good read. I love the cover art.
I can't wait to read it! Have it on my Kindle and it's a summer read for sure!
Post a Comment