Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Intro/Teaser

FFT is hosted by Diane of Bibliophile By the Sea where we share the opening paragraph of our current read to see if others would read the book based on that first paragraph.  Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.


Prologue
The four year old boy stirs in the backseat of the station wagon, his body little more than a bump beneath the blanket draped over him, his hip sore where the seat belt's buckle presses into it. He sits up, rubbing his eyes in the morning light, and looks around, confused. He swallows to wet his parched throat, "Where..where's Momma?"

His father take a wheezy breath and half turns, a day's worth of stubble darkening his cheek. "She's not....she can't...she's not here."



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along!




Nise'

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to read it!! Great teaser! check mine out if you like - http://letsbookit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd keep reading. The first paragraph is an excellent teaser and makes me want to know more.

Thanks for visiting Quirky Girls Read

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Yes, yes--that is more than enough to draw me in. Hope the rest is as good. enjoy

Karen and Gerard said...

This is a good book; we both liked it.

Karen and Gerard said...

Oops, I forgot to include the link to our reviews if you're interested:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/08/youre-next-by-greg-hurwitz.html

Marce said...

I am intrigued.... I want to try this author, I haven't before.

Jenners said...

That is a great opener .. and teaser.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP