Happy Birthday to Me Today!
I am reading A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving for WordShakers and Banned Book Week, but I am having a hard time getting into it. If you have read it, offer me some encouragement to continue!
Books Read
White Heat by MJ McGrath
A Good Hard Look by Ann Napolitano
Utterly Charming by Kristin Grayson
Livvie’s Song by Sharlene MacLaren
I finished audiobooks:
Devious by Lisa Jackson (Joyce Bean)
The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman (Linda Emond)
Reading:
A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
Thoughts Posted On:
The Kitchen House
The Brotherhood
The Betrayal
Now You See Her by James Patterson
Now You See Her by Joy Fielding







17 comments:
So, you're a September Birthday as well? Happy Birthday, Nise! Mine was the 14th and you seem to share a birthday with Jenners. Hope you have a great day!!
Happy birthday Nise'!!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! I hope that you have an amazing day!
Lisa
Lisa's World of Books, It's Monday What Are You Reading?
Happy Birthday Nise'!! I hope you have a wonderful day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
http://youtu.be/wFh-rX_Sfhs
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Happy Birthday! I hope you're able to get into that book. I considered it but decided I didn't have the time to join in WordShakers this month.
Happy birthday to you! I haven't read the Owen Meany book either, but I've heard it's very good and have a copy on my shelf. I hope it gets better for you soon!
Happy Birthday! I bring virtual cake, and of course.... coffee. :) I hope the book gets better for you, I have to dive into it yet.... I have been so busy!
Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy all of your books...I can't wait to read The Most Dangerous Thing.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Happy Birthday, hope you get spoilt rotten LOL
Sorry can't offer encouragement, I haven't read A Prayer For Owen Meany but The Rose Garden is on Mt TBR :)
Have a great week and happy reading!
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day.
A very Happy Birthday wish to you! Enjoy!
I hope you had a fantastic birthday, Nise!
Well, I read this one (http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/a-prayer-for-owen-meany-by-john-irving/) and cannot offer you any advice. Maybe you'll get something out of it that I didn't!
Happy Birthday to you!! As you noted, we share a birthday!!
I read Owen Meaney ages ago and don't remember LOVING it but I don't remember HATING it either. Sorry not to be of more help.
Happy Birthday, Nise!
I've never read that author but if you're having a hard time I'm sure I would pass on him!
Looking forward as always to your upcoming reviews!
Happy birthday!
I read Owen Meany last winter for book club. I was not excited about it at all. However, I started it on the train one morning and found myself getting into it. I think it was a few chapters in that hooked me. I wasn't as in love with it as some of the other ladies, nor did I abhor as some others. But I was surprised to find that I quite enjoyed it.
-jehara
Post a Comment