Last week I had you all to suggest your top 5 books – and I was surprised by just how different all your choices were! There’s no real question this week, except to look over the list and consider it. Do you agree with the choices? Is it more worth of a “Best Book” title
Of the 113 books chosen as personal best books I have read 39. Many of them are on my all time favorite list. Many of them I consider good reads, but would not put them on my all time favorite list.
Of the ones that were chosen more than once, I agree with their "best book" status. I have not read two of the titles: The Harry Potter series and Lord of the Ring series. I see quite a few that are on my "want to read" list.
Each title is subject to the individual reader's reaction, interpretation, likes and dislikes. As an avid reader these many, many years I have way more than 5 top favorites.






4 comments:
I totally agree! It is impossible for me to narrow the list to only 5 :)
I can't recommend the HP series enough! We actually listen to them in the car. Jim Dale reads them and he is fantastic!! This is the one time I'd say listening is better than reading.
The Lord of the Rings is good, but it's a long slow read. It's the only time I'd say I liked the movies more than the books.
my top five "best" might differ on any given day, but I can easily come up with five. But my key word is best..and that is where I start to have issues with some books on that list. popular, sure. but best...not all are IMHO.
I agree 100%.
Post a Comment