Monday, April 19, 2010

What Are You Reading?


Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.

Last week was a good reading week:
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King (a very different read)
Watersmeet by Ellen Jensen Abbott  (good fantasty)
Blue Plate Special by Michelle D. Kwasney (highly recommend)
Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger  (enlightening)

Blood Vines by Erica Spindler  (page-turner)
Brava Valentine by Adriana Trigiani (funny & touching)
Maggie Rose by Sharlene MacLaren (good historical)

On the stacks for this week:
Charles and Emma: the Darwins'leap of faith by Deborah Heiligman
Breathless by Jessica Warman
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Blame by Michelle Huneven
Deady Disclosures by Julie Cave

15 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Some interesting titles, most of which I am not familiar with. I will have to come back and read some of you reviews for those you finished this week. Hope you have another great week.

Whitney said...

Last week was a very good reading week. I love your two/three word descriptions of each. Brilliant!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Holy smokes you really read a lot last week! :)

Hope you love Leviathan - that is one I hope to read soon!

gautami tripathy said...

Have a great reading week this time around too!

Mondays: Mailbox/Musings/whereabouts

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I love last week's recap! Mine was unplanned but still great :)

It looks like you have quite a few to tackle this week---good reading!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

WOW! Last week was a kick butt reading week for you. IMPRESSIVE!

These 3 look really good, can't wait to see what you think!

Breathless by Jessica Warman
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Deady Disclosures by Julie Cave

Have a great reading week :)

Unknown said...

Funny how we both put little notes next to our titles (highly recommend). I like that because it's a quick way of seeing what the person thought about the book.

Hmmm...The Dust of 100 Dogs. I like a different kind of book every now and then, if I'm in the right mood. May have to check that one out :)

Have a good one, Nise`.

Jo-Jo said...

I can't wait til I get to Brava Valentine...I just finished Very Valentine this weekend and really enjoyed it.

Natalie W said...

Sounds like some interesting reads. Hope the week goes well for you!
Happy reading.
Natalie :0)

Jennifer said...

You read quite a lot last week. Your line-up this week looks to be a good one. I have read excellent reviews about Leviathan. Happy reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-19.html

Staci said...

You had a great reading week. And your stack for this week have some great ones on it!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Leviathan is a good one.

Page (One Book At A Time) said...

I have Breathless and Leviathan on my to read list! Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like you have some good reads lined up for this week. Enjoy!

ibeeeg said...

I have been eying Leviathan. I hope you like the read.

Mid-way through the week, hope yours has been fantastic. I wish you a wonderful rest of the week!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP