Silent City by Carrie Smith (#1)
Det. Claire is returning to work after a hard fought battle with cancer. She is conflicted about returning. Even before she gets to the precinct she is sent on a call. A principal is found in his apartment. He has been murdered and his position points to someone on his staff. As Claire works the investigation she is dealing with being in a new precinct with staff that is less than happy to have her joining them. She does her best to ignore everything but the unfolding clues to the crime. A debut that introduces great characters and a good story.
Can't Let Go by Gena Showalter (#2/5)
Jude is a former army ranger running a security business with two of his mates. He spends a lot of his time at Ryanne's bar making sure her patrons are not driving drunk. Ryanne understands but he is driving her nuts. When a new club is being built in town Ryanne begins to have problems because she won't sell her bar. Soon it becomes apparent that she needs some extra security and Jude is hired to protect her as well as her bar. Ryanne decides that Jude could be the one and works to lower the wall he has erected. Jude fights the temptation in order to keep her safe. A good enemies to friends to lovers story.
Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand (#4)
The final book in the Quinn family series. Bart has returned from Afghanistan and all his mother Mitzi wants is to throw him a party. It is the last thing Bart wants to do as he is dealing with survivor's guilt. Ava is doing great in NY with her new teaching job and boyfriend. Kevin and Isabelle restaurant is taking off. Patrick and Jennifer have picked up the pieces and each have new job opportunities. It was great to reconnect with this family. I liked how the author ended this series.
The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
When twins Tabitha and Harper were seventeen their parents divorced and split them up each going to live on Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Both have lived very different lives. Harper with her dad has been more laid back. Tabitha with her mom more refined. They have been estranged for over ten years due to a tragic event that Tabitha blames on Harper. When their father Billy dies and their mother Eleanor breaks her hip they are forced to work together to hold their lives together. Harper stays with Ainsley her niece and help keep her mother's boutique running while Tabitha goes to Martha's Vineyard to renovate Billy's house for sale. Told in alternating voices of the three women as they deal with life's losses, heartbreaks and their choices hopefully towards forgiveness and reconciliation.
Up Next:
Promise Not To Tell by Jayne Anne Krentz
Paradise Valley by C.J. Box
Blood Fury by J.R. Ward
January Wrap-Up
Linking to these memes:
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received.













14 comments:
I enjoyed The Identicals...and Winter Solstice is on my list.
I like the look of Silent City.
Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.
Wow you had a lot of reads this month! Promise Not To Tell looks good.
Hope you're staying warm over there! I'm about over winter!!!
Silent City looks good = one for the list!
The Identicals looks like an interesting one!
I want to read Silent City. Sounds like a book I'd enjoy. I think I have The Identicals, but I'm not sure. I've enjoyed other books by that author. Have a good week!
I too think Silent City looks good. I really should read The Identicals: I have identical twin sisters-in-law.
Hilderbrand is hit or miss for me - The Identicals sounds like it would be a hit with me.
I liked the Winter series and was happy with how it was wrapped up. The Identicals is on my wish list but it will be a while before I can fit it into my reading. Maybe this summer.
I enjoyed Silent City too. I also liked Forgotten City and Unholy City. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
Looks like a nice mix of books you read. Enjoy your week.
The Identicals sounds good. This week's post
I haven’t read any of these, but I hope you enjoy them!
Aj @ Read All The Things!
All new to me. Enjoy them all.
I haven't read anything by Elin Hilderbrand, but it sounds like I should. I am glad you enjoyed the two you read! Silent City sounds right up my alley. I hope you have a great weekend and week, Nise'!
Post a Comment