Sunday, January 1, 2017

First Book of 2017


Fourth Annual First Book of the Year hosted by Shelia of Book Journey

The First Book is a book that maybe you have been wanting to read for a while but have not had time for, a coveted book, an old favorite re-read – whatever you want.  The point is that this is the book that will kick off the year for you.

My book has been sitting on the stacks for awhile now.  I have it in print and audio.  I will begin with print and will listen as well.

 Find Her is the 8th book of Lisa Gardner's Detective D.D. Warren series


Flora Dane is a victim. 

Seven years ago, carefree college student Flora was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days, Flora learned just how much one person can endure.

Flora Dane is a survivor.

Miraculously alive after her ordeal, Flora has spent the past five years reacquainting herself with the rhythms of normal life, working with her FBI victim advocate, Samuel Keynes. She has a mother who’s never stopped loving her, a brother who is scared of the person she’s become, and a bedroom wall covered with photos of other girls who’ve never made it home.

Flora Dane is reckless. 

. . . or is she? When Boston detective D. D. Warren is called to the scene of a crime—a dead man and the bound, naked woman who killed him—she learns that Flora has tangled with three other suspects since her return to society. Is Flora a victim or a vigilante? And with her firsthand knowledge of criminal behavior, could she hold the key to rescuing a missing college student whose abduction has rocked Boston? When Flora herself disappears, D.D. realizes a far more sinister predator is out there. One who’s determined that this time, Flora Dane will never escape. And now it is all up to D. D. Warren to find her.



What is your First Book?

Happy New Year.

2016 Favorites



14 comments:

Kathryn T said...

Sounds like a scary mystery / thriller. And to have it in print and on audio is a plus. Enjoy.

Literary Feline said...

Sounds like a great book to start out the year with, Nise'! I have a few mysteries and thrillers lined up to get to. I hope you have a great New Year!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you love it! Happy New Year!

JoAnn said...

Happy New Year - enjoy!!

bermudaonion said...

Ooh, I bet that's good! Happy New Year!

Marce said...

I have heard great things about this one Nise, enjoy. Happy New Year

Kristin said...

Happy New Year Nise. I love this series - DD Warren is one of my favorites! I tend to listen to this series. I just got Lisa Gardner's newest book, Right Behind You, which is part of her Quincy/Rainie series. I haven't read any books in that series, other than the novella, The 4th Man, which just came out. Hope you enjoy this one!!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your fist book of the year! Happy New Year Nise'.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nise! I read and enjoyed this one, as I love all Lisa Gardner's. Some bloggers didn't care for it as much, but it's a good one for me, and hopefully for you. I chose Outlander because I have been putting it off for years, and now want to see what all the fuss is about :)
Happy happy to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I started last year with a series book and it was a good reading year. Enjoy!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved this book, and everything Lisa Gardner writes; hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Sounds like a compelling read. Hope you enjoy it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I loved this one; hope you will enjoy it as well. Happy New Year Nise.

Amelia said...

I've never read her, but as a librarian I've seen her books cross the circulation desk quite a bit. Enjoy!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP