Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday Intro/Teaser


First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.


What He Needs To Know
A naked selfie. It starts with that. Hector Cantrell sends a seventeen-year old kid to troll middle school in East L.A. The kid, improbably named Addison, makes for fine bait. Seedily handsome, starter mustache, pop-star cheekbones, dirty blond hair flipped just so. He wears a hoodie and rides a skateboard, the better to look like he's fifteen.


The Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz
(Evan Smoak #2)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker



He gives her a phone number: 1-800-2-NOWHERE. A magical, fix-it line.


11 comments:

Kay said...

I'm excited about this one! My husband and I listened to the first book in the series while driving on vacation this last summer. Had fun with it. Can't wait for #2.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds chilling. The opening makes me want to know why Cantrell sent a kid to "troll" a middle school. I'd keep reading to find out what's going on.
My Tuesday post features Isabel Allende’s The Japanese Lover.

Anonymous said...

I don't think this sounds like a fun read — it sounds very dark and full of foreboding. I don't think I'd like it but I hope you enjoy it. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1pK

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds so intriguing! Thanks for sharing...and I'll be watching for your thoughts.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Paulita said...

My mom hackles are raised if the kid is trying to get a naked selfie of a middle schooler. Hope it's a good one though. Here's Mine

Girl Who Reads said...

The opening sounds a bit sinister. I'd keep reading. Girl Who Reads

Greg said...

Hmm, sounds interesting. Happy Tuesday- hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure about this one - but it is certainly a subject that deserves to be aired as widely as possible in books as well as on social media:). Hope you enjoy reading it.

Yvonne said...

I never read anything by this author, but this sounds like a really good book.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

This sounds like a page turner. Enjoy!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The intro did not make me want to read more unfortunately.

Hope your New Year in wonderful Nise.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP