Spring 2013
Catherine braces herself, but there is nothing left o come up. She grips the cold enamel and raises her head to look in the mirror. The face that looks back at her is not the one she went to bed with. She had seen this face before but hoped never to see it again. She studies herself in this new harsh light and wets a flannel, wiping her mouth then pressing it against her eyes as if she can extinguish the fear in them.
Disclaimer by Renee Knight
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn/ MizB of A Daily Rhythm
The book she trusted. Its first few chapters had lulled her into complacency, made her feel at ease with just the hint of mild thrill to come, a little something to keep her reading, but no clue to what was lying in wait.









16 comments:
I like the sound of this one. Nice and mysterious... :)
I've got this book checked out from the library right now. Guess I need to pick it up soon.
Oooh, sounds intense!!
The blurbs have me very curious...I'd keep reading.
I'm intrigued by the opening and want to know more about this character. Sounds like a good one.
My Tuesday post features Previously Loved Treasures
Oh, I am very curious now! I wonder what is upsetting her...and would love to know more.
Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SPECTACULAR NOW”
Is sounds interesting- I would definitely keep reading.
What a great fall mystery! I like it!
What a treacherous book! Did it hit the wall or turn out great?
I think the opening paragraph is rather clever. I'd keep reading.
I'd like to read more. And that is an awesome cover!
Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/29/teaser-tuesdays-130-authors-choice-from-the-key-of-amatahns-and-a-giveaway/
Interesting teaser.
mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/teaser-tuesday-annihilation-by-jeff-vandermeer/
Quite a beginning!!
Oh wow, I've been meaning to try this one. I like the intro.
I really liked Disclaimer, and I hope that you are enjoying it, too!
Ooh, I like it! Keep reading!
Post a Comment