Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday Intro/Teaser


First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.

You don't need eight words to set someone's life on fire.  One seems like more than enough.  But in my case it was eight.  The cryptic text pinged from Sara's phone onto mine just as I was taking to the sky.  The flight attendants, annoyed at us before we'd even taken off, had just commanded us through harsh smiles to neuter our electronics devices.  Concealing my phone beneath a vomit bag, I reread the message.  "Your legacy is hanging in the Tate Modern."

Thank You, Goodnight by Andy Abramowitz

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn/ MizB of A Daily Rhythm

"His exact words were that your legacy is hanging in the Tate Modern, second floor.  If you're interested in your legacy, there's an exhibit you absolutely should see.





Nise'

20 comments:

Strummed Words said...

That's some legacy. A tantalizing beginning.

Alice Audrey said...

A text like that would certainly catch my eyes. Imagine having a legacy at all!

Unknown said...

WOW! This sounds like a good one! I would definitely keep reading; thanks for sharing this!

Literary Feline said...

What an intriguing opening! My interest is certainly piqued. Thank you for sharing, Nise'.

JoAnn said...

Wow! That opening pretty much forces you to keep reading!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Definitely an intro that says -- read more LOL

Trish said...

love the first paragraph! how interesting. I would keep reading!
trish - my teaser

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

A great teaser...deliciously cryptic!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm definitely curious about his legacy. That message must have been on his mind during the whole flight. How frustrating!
My Tuesday post features A Weekend Getaway

Kay said...

OK, I'll play. I'm intrigued. Need to know about the legacy. :-)

Paulita said...

Could be good. She sounds like the kind of person I'd want to hang out with. Here's Mine

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have definitely piqued my interest. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Margot said...

Great start. Now I have to know what the Tate Modern is and what is in it. From the Teaser I'm guessing the Tate Modern is a museum. I'd like to read this and find out more.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Ooo what a teaser Nise, of course now I want to know more!!

Kym said...

Quite an intriguing opening!
Here's my Teaser/Intro for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_15.html

Irene said...

i would certainly check out that exhibit.

fredamans said...

I have this one on my shelf! :-)

Beth F said...

I had mixed feelings about this. Fun and funny on the one hand, but I found myself skimming a lot.

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

Ooh I'm intrigued. I like the cover. Hope you're enjoy it!

The Candid Cover said...

The cover of this book is phenomenal! I'm looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP