Sunday, September 20, 2015

Reading Wrap Up




The Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig
Jack aka "The Moonflower" is waiting for his contact and wondering what their next assignment is going to be.  He is surprised when a women approaches him with the correct secret phrase.  Jane is not sure she trusts Jack, but knows he is the only one who can help her rescue the Queen and keep her safe. Jane is holding on to a secret regarding Jack and the more they begin to trust each other, she knows it could drive a wedge between them.  Plenty of action and suspense as they work together to accomplish the mission.  Meanwhile Eloise and Colin are just hours away from their wedding when his grandmother is kidnapped.  They must figure out what it is the napper wants and get it to him before the wedding.  A wonderful conclusion to this beloved series. 


Sideswiped by Lia Riley (audio)
Natalia and Bran met and fell in love when she took a six month trip to Australia. In this book she has moved to Australia to be with Bran.  They are thrilled to be together. Talia wants Bran to reach for his dream, but he doesn't because he fears what it will do to them as a couple.  They have the deadline of her Visa that hangs over them, adding stress to the relationship. After loving the first book, I was looking forward to their continuing story.  If I was reading this book, I would have stopped to pick up book three.  I stuck with it because of the narrators (Brittany Uomoleale and Tim Wright). They did a great job keeping me engaged despite where the storyline was going.  I look forward to book three Inside Out
*Thanks to Hachette Audio for this review copy*


The Prince Who Loved Me by Karen Hawkins
Bronwyn is glad to be on the shelf, as it frees her up to help her father with his business. She is careful with her freedom since she does not want to hurt the chances of her sisters making a good marriage. She is happy to spend her days with her books. Prince Alexsey is enjoying life as rake but is bored with the eligible young ladies his grandmother is forcing upon him. Bronwyn and Alexsey meet in the woods thinking each other is someone else. They are surprised to meet again later that evening at a social gathering. They are drawn to each other, but know their families are scheming behind their backs. Will they fight for what they want or go along with the wishes of their respective families? A good Cinderella story that begins new series..


The Scam by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Thief Nicholas and FBI Agent Kate are secretly working together to bring down  a money launder for terrorists Evan Trace.  They come up with an elaborate plan, but something happens  and they need to come up with a whole new plan quickly.  Once again they enlist their friends in the con/take down.  Kate and Nick's relationship moves forward even tho Kate fights her attraction. This  fourth book in the series is fun, fast paced and frustratingly ends with a cliffhanger that has me looking forward to the next book!
*Thanks to Random House via NetGalley for this review copy*

The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter
Jase spent the last nine years in prison and is ready to live a quiet life with his brothers in Strawberry Valley.  Brook  Lynn is working hard at two jobs to make her dream come true.  She has the added responsibility of looking out for and keeping  her sister out of trouble.  While picking up her drunk sister she and Jase meet.  The chemistry between them is scorching, but their relationship is built slowly which makes for a great story. This is the first installment in the Original Heartbreaker's series. 




Dearest Rogue by Elizabeth Hoyt (audio)
Lady Phoebe is visually impaired and her brother the Duke insists she needs a 24/7 bodyguard. Captain James Trevillion is annoyingly good at his job and Phoebe resents what she sees as interference in her life.  However, James takes his responsibility seriously and despite his growing attraction to her, he will do whatever it takes to keep her safe.  When an attempted kidnapping takes place James takes Phoebe to his home town while the culprits are sought. Once there she discovers there is more to James and fall in love with him and his family.  Wonderfully narrated by Ashford McNab .  This is book 8 in a series, my first, so I felt a bit lost by not knowing these character's background, but still I enjoyed this delightful story.
*Thanks to Mitch/Hachette Audio for this review copy*


Up Next:
Stop at Nothing by Kate Serine
Thank You, Goodnight by Andy Abramowitz
Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave (audio)

I can't believe I got this much reading done as spent quite a bit of the week catching up on Outlander on Starz.   This week I will be helping my son pack up his apartment and move.  Hopefully I will get lots audio listening while helping!  What does your week look like?

Linking to these memes:

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.
The Sunday Post








The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer.



Just because he is so freaking cute and is the light of his grandparent's lives.

Nise'

21 comments:

Christina T said...

The Prince Who Loved Me sounds like a good romance. I'll have to look for that one. Glad you enjoyed The Lure of the Moonflower. I started it but still haven't finished.

Teddyree said...

aww he sure is so freakin cute, and he looks so grown up! Good luck with your son's move and yay for Eight Hundred Grapes, hope you enjoy it. Such a pretty cover on The Lure of the Moonflower.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Definitely a cutie!
Looks like a lot of reading and I like the sound of several of the historical romances particularly.
I hope you enjoy listening while packing. Have a good week.

Debbish said...

Your grandson is such a cutie....

A mix for you last week - romance and a bit of suspense.

I'm keen to hear what you think of Eight hundred Grapes as it has me intrigued!

Deb

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

You were able to listen to a lot of books last week, Nise' and they all look good, too!

Your grandson is so cute, thanks for sharing a picture of him :)

Have a fantastic week and happy reading.

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Yvonne said...

You had a great week. Those books all look good.

Hope this is a great week for you too.

Elizabeth said...

Pretty book covers.

What an adorable grandson you have.

ENJOY him and your reading week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

Kay said...

Look at that sweet grandboy! Such a cutie! And you are the 'moving helper' queen! Good luck with your son's move and hope you get a lot of listening time. I read the first Pink Carnation book years ago and never continued with that series. I want to do that at some point. So this book is the last? Well, maybe there is hope I'll get to all of them. LOL

JoAnn said...

That's a lot of books for one week! I've seen some very positive reviews of Eight Hundred Grapes - enjoy! Good luck with the move and your grandson is a cutie :)

bermudaonion said...

Wow, you were a reading machine! I can't believe your grandson is that big already!! He's a doll!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, yes, he is definitely "so freakin' cute," and I can understand that joy of being a grandparent. Mine are almost all grown now...two who are 20, two at eighteen, and two at twelve. Have fun!

I am curious about this new Evanovich series...I've been noticing the books. Must check them out.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh...and one at seventeen! Oops...

Unknown said...

I'm excited for the Moonflower, but a little sad as well. I've liked some of her stand-alones but a couple were weak.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous smile-- what beautiful hair (my eldest has strawberry blonde hair like that). His personality just shines through..hug him for us!

Willig's series and Hawkins' book might be ones I'm interested in, as I attempt to dip a toe into the historical fiction genre, to expand my reading. I have the first in Tessa Dare's series, Romancing the Duke, but also a slew of murder mystery/suspense.

Enjoy your week after you help your son move-- good luck to him in whatever he feels is the right path to take after his difficult year.

Lola said...

I read the first book in that series by Lia Riley, but it wasn't for me. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it! The Prince who Loved me sounds good! I hope you have a great week!

Teresa Kander said...

I read Eight Hundred Grapes this summer. Hope you enjoy it!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

The Prince Who Loved Me sounds good. Oh my he is too freakin' cute! Look at that smile!!

Lisa Mandina said...

Looks like some good books there! Hope you enjoy them.
Check out my Sunday Post

Greg said...

Evanovich looks like a fun author. Good luck with the move this week!

Kathy Martin said...

Nice assortment of books. I'm intrigued by the one by Willig. I think I have read only the first book in this series but have a few more on TBR mountain. Come see my reading week here. Happy reading!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great reading week and that little grandson is so darn cute:)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP