Sheila is on a hiatus after the loss of her son. I am linking up over at The Sunday Post.
We had a wonderful week weather wise! Cooler weather is on it's way with some much needed rain.
Thoughts on the Books I Read Last Week:
The Shadows by J.R. Ward
Book 14 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood paranormal series. This book features Shadow twins Trez and iAm. Trez has run from a past that he never wanted and iAm has kept him safe. Just when Trez is finding what he wants, his past comes calling and threatens his future with Selena. As iAm is doing what he has always done, watch out for Trez, he finds his own future. We also meet a few new characters that will appear in the new Black Dagger Legacy series debuting in December.
His Wicked Reputation by Madeline Hunter
Eva has been copying paintings that she "borrows" from her neighbor's empty home to support herself and her sister. When the new owner of the property arrives, Eva wonders how she will support them now. The new tenant, Gareth, finally is coming home to the property his father wanted him to have. He has come not only to renovate the house, but is on a mission to find some missing art. Gareth comes with a "wicked reputation" and Eva is determined to keep him away from her beautiful sister. They both have the same attitude towards love and marriage, so it was fun to watch them both fall. A great start to a new series.
Reading:
Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb
Tiffany Girl by Deanna Gist
Listening to:
Before I Go by Colleen Oakley (Rebecca Lowman)
Once and Always by Julia Harper (Helen Wick)
Burned by Karen Marie Moning (Natalie Ross and Phil Gigante)
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
How was your reading week?










15 comments:
Did you enjoy the J, R. Ward book? I got a little behind but this one sounds alright. I wonder what the new spin off will be like. J. D. Robb is always a reliable read. Enjoy.
Enjoy your reads.
I am curious about Before I Go....enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.
Is it bad that I appreciate the shirtless men on book covers? I think it's a mid-life crisis thing?!
Still keen to hear what you think of Obsession in Death.
Deb
Ooh, J. R. Ward. I read the first two books, loved them, and couldn't find book 3 for the life of me way back when. I should consider hunting it down again (now that, you know, I can order things online with my own money instead of my parents') ;)
~ Liza @ Classy Cat Books
The weather is cooling here too. I hope you have a lovely reading week,
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
J.R. Ward is an author I want to try. The books look good. Enjoy!
Have a great week!
I'm way behind on the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, not sure why I really enjoyed the first two. Looking forward to your thoughts on Before I Go. Yay for nice weather, it's just starting to get a little chilly here.
Happy reading and have a great week!
We've had nothing but rain here lately and I am tired of it! They're saying we might see the sun Tuesday and Wednesday and then go back to rain.
Are you enjoying Before I Go? Both my husband and I read this one and liked it! Right now I am reading Rites of Passage by Joy Henseley about a girl attending an all boys Military school. I'm enjoying it very much.
So sad about Sheila's son. I had heard but hadn't realized she was the one who hosts It's Monday What Are You Reading.
How are you liking Tiffany Girls? It's on my list of books to get to this week.
I really need to start the Black Dagger series...everyone seems to love it. Hope you have a lovely week.
My heart just goes out to Sheila and her family. What a terrible tragedy.
I love that opener for Hoover's book. I've read one of her books and really enjoyed so I'd certainly read another. I've got Before I Go on audio as well. I'm curious to see If you'll like it.
Hope you have a good week. Our weather is gorgeous right now but supposed to cool off as well.
Book 14! That sounds like quite a series. I tend to peter out before I get that far.
Have a fantastic week and I hope you get lots of reading in!
A new romance series you say? Um. I really hate the verification pics. I failed three times!
Post a Comment