Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....
Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief—and best friend of her former fiancĂ©. There’s a lot about Levi that Faith never noticed, and it’s not just those deep green eyes. The only catch is she’s having a hard time forgetting that he helped ruin her wedding all those years ago. If she can find a minute amidst all her family drama to stop and smell the rosĂ©, she just might find a reason to stay at Blue Heron, and finish that walk down the aisle.
I picked up this book late in the evening and wondered why I've never read this author before. The book grabbed my attention and I did not want to put it down. This family is a hoot. I laughed my way through Faith's journey to her HEA. The small town is inviting and I can't wait to revisit.
Excerpt:
‘You’re a slut, whore.’
‘Acutally,’ Faith said tightly, ‘your husband was the one who…’
Again, the kid. ‘Ask the waiter. Right?’ Yes, yes get some confirmation from the friendly waiter.
‘Um…who’s paying tonight?’ he asked. So much for the live she inspired in the gays.
‘It was a business dinner,’ Clint interrupted. ‘She came on to me and I didn’t expect it, I didn’t know what to do. Come on, let’s go home, babe.’
‘And by home, I’m guessing you don’t mean your bachelor pad in Noe Valley, right?’ Faith bit out.
Clint ignored her. ‘Hi Finn, how’s it going, bud?’
He tousled his child’s hair, then stood up and gave her a sorrowful, dignified look. ‘I’m sorry Faith,’ he said somberly. ‘I’m a happily married man, and I have a beautiful family. I’m afraid we won’t be able to work together anymore.’
‘Not a problem.’ She said tightly.
‘Take that, whore.’ Said Clint’s wife. ‘That’s what you get, trying to break up my family.’ She put her hands on her hips and twisted out her leg, the Angelina Jolie Hip Displacement look.
‘Hi whore,’ the little boy said, ripping open another sugar packet.
‘Hi’ she said. He really was cute.
‘Don’t speak to my child!’ Mrs. Bundt said. ‘I don’t want your filthy whore mouth speaking to my son.
‘Hypocrite,’ she muttered.
Clint scooped up the boy, who’d managed to snag a few more sugar packets.
‘If I ever see you near my husband, whore, you’ll be sorry.’ Mrs. Bundt hissed.
‘I’m not a whore, okay?’ Faith snapped.
‘Yes, you are,’ said his wife, giving her the finger. Then the Bundts turned their backs to her and walked away from the table.
‘I’m not!’ Faith called. ‘I haven’t slept with anyone in three years, okay! I’m not a whore!’ The little boy waved cheerily from over his father’s shoulder, and Faith gave a small wave in return.
The Bundts were gone. Faith grabbed her water glass and chugged, then rested the glass against her hot cheek. Her heart was pounding so hard she felt sick.
‘Three years?’ said one of the diners.
The waiter gave her the check. ‘I’ll take that whenever you’re ready,’ he said. Great. On top of all that, she had to pay for dinner, too.
‘Your tip would have been a lot bigger if you’d backed me up.’ She told him, digging in her purse for her wallet.
‘You really do look great in that dress.’ He said.
‘Too late.’
Kristan Higgins is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author and two-time winner of the Romance Writers of America RITA® Award; she lives with her family in a small Connecticut town that boasts a wonderful library, a great agricultural fair, a really good ice-cream stand and not much else. She is the mother of two lovely kids and the wife of a brave firefighter who is also (perhaps more important) a fantastic cook. Previously a copywriter, Kristan began writing fiction when her children graced her life with simultaneous afternoon naps. Writing, she found, was infinitely more satisfying than folding laundry, and so began her first novel. Kristan holds a B.A. in English from the College of the Holy Cross, which means she can identify dangling participles, quote many great novels and play a mean game of Scrabble. Kristan is an award-winning baker, devoted fan of the New York Yankees and an avid reader. She and her crew spend as much time as possible at the family home on Cape Cod, where they shiver in the Atlantic, ride bikes, swat horseflies and don’t catch any fish.
Visit Kristan's website.
Book Trib Tour Site
This complimentary review copy was received thankfully from BookTrib, Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc.and Liz Lauer in no way influenced my review of this book. These are my personal thoughts and reactions to the reading of the book.








7 comments:
I'm not sure this is for me, but I like the winery setting.
Love the setting and the story!
I read one of Higgins' books and really enjoyed it. This sounds like another winner!
I've been hearing alot about this author and I have a couple of books on my Kindle but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. They look so good.
I'm reviewing this one this week..my favorite so far!!
I have two titles by this author and I am looking forward to reading them-- Fools Rush In and All I Ever Wanted. Glad you liked this one. :-)
Another author I see raves about. I want to try. I need some HEA these days :)
Post a Comment