Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Intros/Teaser

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.



"After a killer day at the office, nothing smoothed those raw edges like happy hour.  On the Rocks on Manhattan's Lower West Side catered to white-collar working stiffs who wanted half-price drinks and some cheesy rice balls while they bitched about their bosses or hit on a coworker.  Or the execs who wanted a couple of quick belts close to the office before their commute to the 'burbs.  From four-thirty to six, the long bar, the high-tops and low-tops bulged with lower-rung execs, admins, assistants and secretaries who flooded out of the cubes, pools and tiny offices.  Some washed up like shipwreck survivors.  Other waded ashore ready to bask in the buzz. A few wanted nothing more than to huddle alone on their small square of claimed territory and drink the day away."

Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb

It was just another after-work happy-hour bar downtown, where business professionals unwound with a few drinks...until something went terribly wrong. And after twelve minutes of chaos and violence, eighty people lay dead.



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.



Have you voted yet?

Nise'

14 comments:

Mystica said...

Would definitely read this one.

Beth F said...

I'm so behind in this excellent, excellent series.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This once sounds like a good start; I'd keep turning pages.

Jenners said...

Definitely sets the tone right from the start.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good one :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

Leya said...

Oh my gosh! I want this book so bad! :D Enjoy!

kayerj said...

I'd have to read a bit more before deciding. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Heather said...

Have not read any of these, though I have friends who love them. My teaser: Haven by Kay Hooper

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am fascinated by J. D. Robb books, but have only read a couple...this one is definitely going on my list!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Harvee44 said...

I'd like to continue reading this one and find out about the title, delusion...

JC Jones said...

I am on the wait list for Delusions at the library. Hope to read it soon. Thanks for visiting.

Elizabeth said...

Yes...I voted at 7:09 this morning. :)

Nice teaser. THANKS.

My teaser is from THE GIRL ON THE CLIFF by Lucinda Riley.

My teaser is below:

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-1162012.html

Unknown said...

Wow, wonder what happened ... and when will the book arrive at my local bookstores :-)

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Oh wow! You've got me curious. :)

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP