Los Angeles, California
Republic of America
Population: 20,174,282
DAY
"My mother thinks I'm dead. Obviously I'm not dead, but it's safer for her to think so. At least twice a month, I see my Wanted Poster flashed on the JumboTrons scattered throughout downtown Los Angeles. It looks out of place up there. Most of the pictures on the screens are of happy things: smiling children standing under a bright blue sky, tourists posing before the Golden Gate Ruins, Republic commercials in neon colors. There's also anti-Colonies propaganda. "The Colonies want our land", the ads declare. "They want what they don't have. Don't let them conquer your homes! Support the cause!"
Legend by Marie Lu
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.








12 comments:
Intriguing certainly!
Hmmm, sounds like one I need to hear more about. I'd keep reading.
Does make you want to know more. Good pick.
I think it sounds good. I'd keep reading.
I definitely want to read this intriguing story!
Interesting, keep reading.
Quite interesting...thanks.
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-10232012.html
I have been seeing this one everywhere....so far, I haven't been drawn to it, but I do like the intro.
Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.
Sounds very cool! Love a good dystopian read.
Here's my teaser: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-blue-is-for-nightmares.html
Definitely intriguing!
What an intriguing snippet!
Here's my teaser: I love Dan Brown
I love the opener....sounds great!
Post a Comment