Sunday, September 2, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.

The last week of the laid back summer schedule was very good to me in the reading department!  I took full advantage and spent the afternoons on the deck reading.

Books Read:
The Prophet by Michael Koryta
It is not very often that an author can get me to go along with vengeance, but he did it brilliantly and then slapped me with the ending! Loved it! A page turning delight.

The Expats by Chris Pavone
It took awhile for the story to get going, but once it did, I was sucked in and raced to the finish. I started listening to the audio, but the shift in time was too hard to follow so I switched to print.

You Don't Want To Know by Lisa Jackson
This book kept me guessing until the very end. I was sure twenty pages in that I had it figured out, but was I ever wrong. Even as things began to unfold and clues were uncovered I was still surprised.


I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
I purposely started this book early in the day because I knew I would not want to put it down. I was right, it was a fast-paced, page turner that ended with a cliff-hanger. Can't wait to find out what happens to the Bennett family.


The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts
The Montgomery family's B and B is completed in this second book and it is Owen's turn to find love. This was an enjoyable read with quite a few laugh out-loud moments. I look forward to the conclusion with Ryder's story as well as finding out what happened to the resident ghost!.


Other Books Read:
The Things I Do For You by Mary Carter (Sept. 14)
The Ruins of Lace by Iris Anthony (Sept. 21)

Up Next:
The 500 by Matthew Quirk
Let The Devil Sleep by John Verdon
Rev it Up by Julie Ann Walker


Book Thoughts Posted:
Clean Break by David Klein
House of Mercy by Erin Healy
A Little Mishchief by Amelia Grey


Please enter the American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar giveaway - your choice of book or audio.

Do not miss the exceptional book related quizzed over at Stacy's Books every Tuesday.

Nise'

26 comments:

Teddyree said...

Glad you had a lovely week. I'm looking forward to The Last Boyfriend. I love it when you think you have a story all figured out and it totally surprises you ... I'll be keeping an eye out for the Lisa Jackson book and The Prophet.

The Relentless Reader said...

It looks like you had a very successful week of reading, don't you just love that??

The Prophet and The Expats both sound great to me.

Have another fab week!
The Relentless Reader

Marce said...

Wow, almost every book is on my TBR list especially Expats.

Have a great week Nise

If interested - I have a brainteaser for Thrill Week up, I know you are brilliant at Stacey's :-)

Mystica said...

Enjoy them all. All new to me!

pussreboots said...

They're all new to me as well. Happy reading.

My favorite book this week was Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith. Please come see what I'm reading now.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great week - I'd love a week in the sun on the back deck!

Hope this week is as good to you!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Beautiful Day said...

I wasn't very taken with the first one of this Nora Robert's series. I thought the characters were a bit crass. Liked the hotel and ghost elements though.:)

Bookish said...

A great week of reading and great books, have added The Prophet and You Don't Want to Know to my wishlist!

Here's what I've been reading!

Kristin said...

I think I want to have a deck put on my house for next summer...I love my enclosed porch, but there's just something about being able to read outside!

Wasn't that some cliffhanger in I, Michael Bennett? I can't wait to see how that gets resolved!

I loved The Last Boyfriend, and already have the next book on reserve at the library...can't wait for it to come in!

Have a great week!
~Kristin @ Always With a Book

ShadowsTomes said...

Good grief that's a lot of books! I'm jealous! I'm putting The Prophet on my wish list!

Happy Reading!

My post:
http://mustreadfaster.blogspot.com/2012/09/what-are-you-reading.html

Marie Cloutier said...

what a fun reading week you've had! the kortya looks very interesting!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I really want to continue the Inn Boonsboro series...I have only read the first one so far.

Enjoy your reads! And thanks for visiting my blog.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Looking forward to the Koryta book myself --enjoy.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I need to catch of on my Patterson books. I have been looking forward to the one you read this week. I just need to squeeze it in somewhere.

Happy Reading!!

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I was just thinking it was time to read Nora Roberts again ~ I will have to check that series out. :)

Have a great week!

bermudaonion said...

Oh man, I really want to read The Prophet! I've only read Koryta's books with the supernatural bent and think I'd like this one even more.

KarenSi said...

Sounds like a perfect week. Not jealous at all ;). I do like the sound of the first one on your list. Will have to look out for that.

Bibliosaurus Text said...

I have a copy of The Prophet that I keep looking at out of the corner of my eye. Maybe I need to bump it up in the TBR pile.

Hope you enjoy your new books!

Lindsey said...

I love endings that take me by surprise. I'm glad you got a few of those this week.
Enjoy your books this week!

Jen C said...

What wonderful week of reading you have had! I have been meaning to read a book by Lisa Jackson - might have to check that out! Sounds good! I love books that I think I have figured out..and then I don't!

Enjoy your week!

JenC@readinginwbl.com
http://readinginwbl.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-post.html

Blodeuedd said...

Good week :) And I have to try a Nora Roberts book

Yvonne said...

I'm really behind on the Michael Bennett books, but I really like that series. Have a great week!

The Brunette Librarian said...

:) I liked the Last Boyfriend - just started going back to reading Nora Roberts. Hadn't read her for a long time but now I'm back on the boat :)


The Brunette Librarian's Blog

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Nice selection of books this week. I'd like to read most of them. I just have to start reading faster!

Staci said...

You are reading so many great books!! I think I have to read that Koryta book for sure and of course I will be reading the Roberts book for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Koryta will be at Bouchercon next month :) Of course I still haven't rad him, but at least I'll get to meet him!!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP