Monday, April 30, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Sheila at Book Journey hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.

Thoughts on the books I read last week:

Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann
A great beginning to a new futuristic urban fantasy series with great characters, plenty of action and suspense that the author is known for delivering in a big way. Look forward to the next book.
4 Bears
Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb
It amazes me that after 32 books of the "In Death" series, I am still interested and invested in these characters. Eve Dallas is doing what she does best - investigating, ferreting out clues and making an arrest.  The murder is centered around a movie that is being filmed about one of Eve's famous cases. 
4 Bears
A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster
 Over all quick and entertaining read.  A change of pace but not something I would reach for all the time. Arizona is a great character that you can't help but love.
2 Bears




What Boys Really Want by Peter Hautman
 Hilarious look at teenagers that makes me glad my kids and I survived those years! The story is told in alternating voices of Adam and Lita.  Adam sets out to write a book of the same title and Lita is jealous as she is the writer not him. Wait until she finds out where he is getting his material.
4 Bears


Up Next:
The Courtesan's Lover by Gabrielle Kim
Zero Day by David Baldacci

Book Thoughts Posted:
Need You Now
The Innocent
Under Fire
The Day the World Ends + giveaway
Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal


Nise'

14 comments:

Teddyree said...

Thanks for your well wishes on my blog last week Nise. I love urban fantasy so I'll be keeping an eye out for Born to Darkness, it sounds great.
Have a great week & happy reading :)

Mystica said...

Have a good week!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

What Boys Really Want sounds like a funny read. I don't miss being a teenager...

Have a great week!

Julie said...

I've had Fantasy In Death on my shelf for a while. I'm glad to hear it's a good series. I really need to read that one at some point!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've only read a couple of the In Death books, but I plan to read more.

I do like this version of "Nora."

Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

Gigi Ann said...

You have a nice variety of books you've read and sounds like a few good ones for your reading enjoyment this week.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have never read JD Robb. I know... thats crazy. I must do so :)

bermudaonion said...

I hope you have a great week in books.

Staci said...

Again, I love the mini reviews! Your thoughts of J.D. Robb's had me looking for book 1 and of all times wouldn't you know it...someone checked it out from the library!!

Yvonne said...

So many great books on your list! Enjoy!

gautami tripathy said...

Such interesting titles! Happy reading...

Here is my post.

gautami tripathy said...

Such interesting titles! Happy reading...

Here is my post.

Multimemo said...

Haha What Boys really want seems like a funny read ;)
xoxo, Mariam

Robin said...

Three of my favorite authors. :) I've read the In Death series twice and now listening to them on audiobook. Just can't get enough of eve and roark.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP