FFT is hosted by Diane of Bibliophile By the Sea where we share the opening paragraph of our current read to see if others would read the book based on that first paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.
St. Luke's Hospital
"
When I woke up, I remembered nothing - apart from one thing. And little enough of that: I remember that I was lying on my back while the woman was straddling me, grinding her hips against mine. I have a feeling it was embarrassingly quick; but then, it had been a while. The thing is, I remember how it felt, but not what anything looked like. When I try to picture her face, I can't. When I try to picture the surroundings, I can't. I can't picture anything at all. I try; I try really hard, because I'm worried. After some time, one thing come back to me: the taste of ashes.
As it turns out, the memory loss may be the least of my problems. Technically, I am in a state of "diminished responsibility". That is what the police conclude after paying me a visit in my hospital bed. What I had done was drive my car through a fence and into a tree in a place called Downham Wood, near the border between Hampshire and Surrey. I had not idea where Downham Wood was, nor what I was doing there, I don't remember driving through any fences, into any trees, Why would I - why would anyone - do that?"
The Invisible Ones by Stef Penny
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








10 comments:
Love the into, and enjoyed the book -- hope you do as well. (That intro really left me curious when I first read it).
Oh, my, now I must read this one! Sounds really incredible....
Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST
So mysterious, and really captivating!
Very very good!
Here is my Teaser Tuesday post!
An excelling opening paragraph. It raises all sorts of questions and makes me want to keep going.
My first paragraph is here: Quirky Girls Read
This sounds very mysterious. I'd keep reading. Here's Mine
I'd have to keep reading to find out what's going on. kaye—the road goes ever ever on
What a great intro! This one is on my wish list.
I would have to keep on...what the heck was he doing?
ok, my first question - is it a guy or a girl in the bed...from the other comments I'm assuming it is a guy? What a teaser opener you have for us today!
Post a Comment