Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday Snapshot



An unexpected expense right before Christmas... It is so frustrating how much we depend upon our computers.  My old laptop was not even 4 years old and it blew.  GRRRR   It has been strange getting used to a smaller screen, my old was 17" and this one is 15", but I do love how light it is compared to the other one!  AND I am much happier with the updated operating system!  Our refrigerator is acting up, lets hope it holds on for a few months!

Happy New Year!!

Please return for my first giveaway of the New Year, next week...Madame Tussaud.



To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.



Nise'

22 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Ooh, new technology! I'm a big tech gadget geek so, while I hate to see things need to be replaced, I love seeing the new gizmos everyone gets! Have fun!

Have a safe and Happy New Year, Nise'!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

It's much better to want to by a new laptop, than HAVE to buy one. Hope u have better luck with this one.

Trish said...

It's much more fun to acquire new gadgets when the pressure's not on. But a blown computer right before Christmas?! Ugh, that's a pain. Hopefully it won't take too long to learn the ropes!

All the best for 2012 :)

Louise said...

It is great to get a new computer at times, but they can be expensive.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, fabulous necessity! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I felt so lost when my computer died. Between work and blogging it is my constant companion. Looks like you got a nice one!

Elizabeth said...

I feel your pain...I've been on a run of bad luck with computers myself. My last laptop was a 17 inch and now I'm back to a 15 inch. Like you, it's taking some getting used to.

Lisa said...

It's frustrating, but it is also soooo nice to have a new 'puter!

My Paris pics are here.

Marie said...

It's frustrating to lose a computer, but it's fun to get a new one. Have fun with it.

Sending good thoughts to your refrigerator.

Alyce said...

I'm sorry your old computer died! My husband is getting a smaller screen laptop too because of the weight and ease of transport.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

4 years is a long time for a pc though!

Happy New Years.

Yvonne said...

Enjoy your new computer!

Happy New Year!

Irene said...

Have a wonderful New Year.

bermudaonion said...

It's so frustrating when computers don't work. I've got my fingers crossed for your refrigerator.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Sounds like you've had an attack of the holiday gremlins. Ugh.

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I love new computers and electronics ... but I hate having to reinstall all my software. Enjoy the new laptop, and I hope the refrigerator holds on for a while.

Carol said...

Electricals are so unpredictable these days.

Our first laptop went after 14 months.
I think our fridge/freezer will be the next to go, also.

Happy new year!

carol

Kaye said...

That's what I keep hoping for my washer - that it holds out a little longer. Enjoy your new laptop and the lighter weight. Mine is a 17" screen too and it does feel heavy. Have a happy new year, Nise!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

They sure don't make anything to last any more do they? Enjoy your new laptop. A fresh computer is always so amazingly fast!

Anonymous said...

Too bad when our laptops and computers give out on us, but nice to have something light to carry around when needed.
Hope the refrigerator lasts awhile longer.

Jenny Girl said...

Oh no! Your laptop must have been hanging out with my busted laptop. Sorry for your loss but at least you have a back up.

Staci said...

Have fun getting to know your new laptop...and I will say a prayer for your fridge!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP