My opening comes from Cleaning Nabokov's House by Leslie Daniels.
''I knew I could stay in this town when I found the blue enamel pot floating in the lake. The pot led me to the house, the house led me to the book, the book to the lawyer, the lawyer to the whorehouse, the whorehouse to science, and from science I joined the world.I found the blue pot on a Sunday afternoon right after my children left me to go back to their father. he and I had split apart and I was trying to become accustomed to living without my son and daughter without going crazy. Whenever they left me for him, sometimes crying, sometimes not, I felt I had to rush somewhere. but I had nowhere I needed to go and no money to spend once I got there."
It is turning out to be a funny but touching book!







10 comments:
This sounds like a fun meme. Thanks for sharing. Will be going over to Diane's place to get all the info.
I read a review for this book and they liked it. I think it's one I might enjoy too.
Those couple paragraphs definitely sparked my interest. Thanks for sharing.
I've had my eye on this book! This new meme sounds like fun.
Oooooo, this sounds good.
I would continue reading after reading these opening paragraphs -- glad u enjoyed it Nise, and thanks for joining in.
Hi! New follower here :).
This "teaser" sounds very intriguing...I might have to add this to my TBR pile!
I also follow Cheryl at CMash loves to read...don't you love her?
Check out my book blog if you get a minute :) www.readingwithrebecca.blogspot.com
Rebecca
It's certainly an intriguing start.
And I love this meme (as you can tell from my recent posts)
I'm going to reveal my shallowness here, but I'm drawn to this book because of its lovely cover.
Great idea for a meme. And I'm interested in the book now too :) Thanks Nise.
Post a Comment