It is the dawn of a new century and Olivia Stewart is heiress to an empire. Her family numbers among the Four Hundred – those considered the wealthiest and most distinguished in America. Unfortunately their wealth has nearly disappeared, and now their security rests solely on the Stewart daughters’ marrying well.
Olivia’s sister, Eleanor, was engaged to Harrison Bennett, one of the nation’s wealthiest men, but has since died. Now the pressure is on Olivia to take her place, despite her suspicions about Eleanor’s fiancé. Using her family’s long-forgotten English title, Olivia travels to Mercy Falls, California, as Lady Devonworth, hoping to learn more before committing to marriage. There she finds that Eleanor’s death was no accident. And Harrison is not the man she thought he would be.When Mercy Falls holds a charity ball masquerade to raise funds for the new lighthouse, secrets–and truths long hidden–will be revealed. But can Harrison really love Olivia when he finds her true identity? Can she live with the repercussions of failing her family, or will she finally realize that nothing–not money, family, or romance—will ever compare to God’s unconditional love?
I will always reach for a Colleen Coble book. The character's were interesting and looking forward to the future of "flying machines". The mystery captured my attention and I was surprised when all was revealed. This book is part of a series centered around a Lighthouse in Mercy Falls but stood alone well. However, I did feel I was reading a series book and missing some character information and that drives me nuts. It is a personal thing, and may not impact your reading of this book.Author: Colleen Coble
Published: April 2011
Pages: 296
Genre: Historical romantic mystery
Source: Audra Jennings & The B and B Media Group
Finished: 5-4-11
This complimentary review copy was received thankfully from Audra Jennings of The B and B Media Group and in no way influenced my review of this book. These are my personal thoughts and reactions to the reading of the book.”






8 comments:
I love historical romance. Thanks Nise.
I've never read anything by this author but may have to one of these days. I do like the cover. For some reason covers with the beautiful gowns in such rich colors always attract my attention.
Love the cover! Plot is in my wheelhouse too. Thanks Nise, because I never heard of this author before.
I am not a huge fan of mysteries but I do like them when mixed with historical or romance
This is a part of an earlier series??? Hmmm...now I will have to rethink whether I should get this one from NetGalley or not???
Sounds like a good mystery mixed up with historical fiction. I just love the gown on the front cover! Wouldn't it be something to dress like that on a regular basis?
I'm not sure that book is for me, but I think the cover is just gorgeous!
Sounds good. I'll have to give Colleen Coble another try. I read one of her series and the characters irritated me so much, I didn't read anything else by her. She is a good writer.
Post a Comment