Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eight Days to Live

It all begins with a painting called Guilt. Eve Duncan’s daughter, Jane, has no idea why she painted the portrait of the chilling face that now hangs in a Paris gallery. But the members of a cult that dates back to the time of Christ know both the face and the significance behind it. They believe that Jane must die — when the moment is right, and not an instant before she leads them to an ancient treasure whose value and power are beyond price. But for now they target those close to her, killing without mercy or conscience.

Jane’s journey takes her from Paris to Scotland to a cave in the Holy Land, as she fights with all she has to save her life. Even with Eve’s help, can she possibly escape before the clock stops ticking?

Eight Days to Live begins with an ancient conspiracy and a shocking betrayal, but will it end with the death of Eve Duncan and the sacrifice of Jane MacGuire?

Iris Johansen's 10th novel in the Eve Duncan series was an entertaining page turner. The story was interesting with a couple of characters from previous books prominently involved in the mystery.   Seth Caleb is an intriguing character and I look forward to seeing him in future books. While the story is more about Jane this go round, Eve does have a small role.
Vicki of Reading At The Beach hosts A-Z Wednesday, this round is author's names and this week's letter is "I".

4 comments:

fredamans said...

10th novel in a series and still good, it must be worth checking out!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/to-z-starts-with-i.html

Jenny Girl said...

I have heard about this series. I picked one of these up at a second hand store but felt I needed to read the beginning. This sounds like a creep good read though :)

Staci said...

I have one of her books but haven't read it yet. I will have to make sure I get to it next year!

Anonymous said...

I read the first few of this series when they first came out. And then I forgot to continue. I should take another look because I really liked Eve.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP