Monday, April 5, 2010

Read-A-Thon

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS: 

Are you planning on participating in the upcoming readathon? Why not tell us a little about your plans: reading solo or with a partner/group? How long to do plan to read? Do you have your books chosen? If not reading, do you plan to be a cheerleader? The floor is yours.


Last fall I tried to cheer and read and it was just too much.  I felt that I did not encourage readers enough.  This year I signed up for 12 hours to cheer and once that is complete I will read and not feel guilty that I am neglecting any readers.  The challenges are a blast as well. 
Can't wait!!!

14 comments:

Staci said...

I can't remember how many hours I signed up for to cheer this time around, but with high speed I'm hoping that I will get around to so many more blogs than last time!!!!

I can't wait til Saturday!

fredamans said...

I'm not participating either. I read 28 books last month alone, I think a read-a-thon is too much for someone like me.

Best of luck to the readers.

Michelle said...

Hi Nise`
I am signed up to read, I'll be a lone reader. How many hours? I don't know.
Some of my chosen books are (unless I finish them before April 10)
(1) `The Peacemaker` by Lori Copeland
(2) `Like Dandelion Dust` by Karen Kingsbury
(3) `The Revelation` by Beverly Lewis

When I finish reading `The Revelation` I will have finished that series.

Good luck on cheerleading and reading.
ENJOY!!

gautami tripathy said...

Good luck with whatever you do!

Musing Mondays: Readathon

Lori said...

I am still uninformed.Will have to look into it.Truth is, I don't understand it. What makes it different from any other reading week? Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I will be participating for the third time. Thanks for cheering. It's a great pick-me-up for us readers.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Yay for being a cheerleader Nise! That is so fun! I am joining in, this will be my third and I just love them :)

caite said...

I have to agree with Lori...how is this different than a normal day off reading? well, except prizes...

Anonymous said...

I can understand how the cheering and reading could have been too much. I still haven't decided whether I am going to participate yet, but I think that reading, updating, and participating in the mini-challenges could be too much. Good luck with the cheering!

My Musing Mondays answer is here.

Tammy said...

Hey Nise!
I'm going to do the 24 hour read-a-thon and cheer for one hour. That felt do-able. LOL! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the read-a-thon. It was so much fun last October. Have a good rest of the week!

CeeCee said...

Oh, P.S. Enjoy yourself and good luck!

CeeCee said...

Unfortunately I'm unable to participate this year. Bad timing. And I have a bunch of mainstream YA just waiting to be read. One of these days I'm going to comb your blog to see if you've read some of my selections. I'm reading Willow now.

Anonymous said...

This is actually my first time cheerleading, so I hope I do a great job juggling it with reading. I hope things go fantastic for you. I'll be cheering you on all the way. Happy reading! :D

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP