Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books hosts this weekly event where we celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week.
Despite watching many hours of the Winter Olympics, I managed to read five books and finished listening to an audio book:
Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler
Tainted by Brook Morgan
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Nieffenegger
Viola In Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani
Things Worth Remembering by Jackie Stark
Under the Jolly Roger by LA Meyer (audio)
Tainted and Her Fearful Symmetry were my two favorites of the week.
This week on the stack are:
Sons of Thunder by Susan May Warren (tour)
Die For You by Lisa Unger
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
Wind dancer by Jamie Carie.
I started listening to Number The Stars by Lois Lowry.







16 comments:
I have to read the Jane Eyre book.
Mondays: Musings/Mailbox/Whereabouts
I really want to read Her Fearful Symmetry. It sounds like a good one!
You did fantastic! I didnt watch the Olympics and still did not do as well as you! :)
I look forward to your Sons of Thunder, Uglies, and Wind Dancer reviews.
I really want to read Her Fearful Symmetry! I'll be looking forward to your review :)
www.chrissiescorner.co.uk
I want to read Tainted.
So were you listening to books while watching the Olympics :-)
I really loved Number the Stars and Absolutely True Diary is awesome..IMHO.
I really enjoyed Die for You...and the Trigliani book sounds good. I have one of her books on my stacks this week.
You had a brilliant week! I also have Sons of Thunder in my TBR pile. Have a great week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1-march.html
Just finished The Absolutely True Diary ... and loved it. It is witty, LOL and very poignant. I hope you like it too.
I keep thinking about getting Her Fearful Symmetry but not sure I'll like it (I loved TTW when it 1st came out and have high expectations for this!) So glad you liked it though, I may need to brak down & just read it, LOL.
Oooh, your last week souds great, as does the upcoming one! I think I read Number The Stars when I was younger, I should read it again :)
Am reading this book, very interesting...
BTW, my blog is giving way free books and jewelry, please feel free to participate
Becoming Jane Eyre sounds like a fantastic book. I've also heard that Viola in Reel Life was really good.
I love Jamie Carie's books. I read Wind Dancer and really liked that one and her new one, Angel's Den, is very moving.
I hope you enjoy all your books.
I love Sherman Alexie - I haven't read him since High school! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a great reading week! :D
Hi Nise, That four-month challenge seems so involved! Yikes. How do you do all that reading? I know what you mean about the Olympics. I hardly read at all because of them. But you got 5 books and an audio? Sheesh. I must be spending too much time on laundry or something. This is ridiculous. lol
Just kiddin'...good for you :)
Do check out my animal books. I've read so many good ones. Also look at my 2009 list of books I've read on my sidebar. There's some there too. I've also heard "Alex and Me" about the parrot is great; I saw it at the library yesterday and it's not long at all. Have a great week!
Post a Comment