Today’s MUSING MONDAYS:
Do you have a favourite picture book, either from your own childhood, or reading to you children?
I remember a few books from childhood:
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey
Harry The Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
Lyle, Lyle the Crocodile by Bernard Waber
The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
My daughter's (25) favorites were:
Baby Dear
Winnie the Pooh Meets Gopher
Curious George
My son's (22) favorites were:
Little Critter Books by Mercer Mayer
Just Go To Bed & I Was So Mad
Richard Scarry's Books
Old Hat, New Hat
My son's (18) favorites were:
Ten In The Bed
Jillian Jiggs
Goodnight Moon
Each Peach Pear Plum - there is a picture in my sidebar of my sons reading this book
Goodnight Moon
What a fun trip down memory lane! Thanks Rebecca.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









14 comments:
Thank you for the pictures of some books..I had forgotten but brought back memories since it has been quite a while for me. My boys are now 26 and 24.
CMash
I apparently have a black hole where my memories of childhood are. Nice jon with the pics. My musing is
here
Of course! 'Goodnight Moon'.
How could I forget that one?
My response is here.
ok, I do remember reading my niece Goodnight Moon!
Personally, I seem to have blocked out most of my childhood. Except one collection of fairy tales, name unknown, I can't remember being read anything.
Maybe why I learned to read at an early age. :-)
Great choices!
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/musing-picture-books.html
I love your post Nise. It's so sweet. My girls love 'Goodnight Moon' as well. There are so many that it'd be crazy to try and list them all! :)
My reply:
http://sheeryhall.blogspot.com/2010/03/musing-mondays_15.html
I love, love, love that you still have the books! And can pull them out at a moments notice
I love children's books......
Ferdinand was my favorite! :-)
I don't remember much about having picture books as a child. Here'smine
My boys loved Good Night Moon, Mercer Mayer books, No,DAvid No!, Curious George.
My youngest son loved Curious George!
Oh I loved Goodnight Moon, and Jillian Jiggs. Your kids have such good taste.
goodnight moon is awesome! i loved the book. a local theater group performed a play based on the book and that was really cool seeing it come to life :)
thanks for visiting my blog and you have an awesome reading week too! :)
My almost 22yo loved the Little Critter books, too. They helped him learn to read.
Post a Comment