"Where do you keep any books borrowed from friends or the library? Do they live with your own collection, or do you keep them separate? Do you monitor them in anyway?"
As you can see I keep my library books on the stairs in the order of their due date. I keep them separate so as not to mix them up with other books. (I own many library books that I bought from the library sale that still have their shelf stickers on them.) Every so often I go online to check due dates and renew if needed.
As of today, I do not have any borrowed from friends/family books. When I do, I keep them on a separate shelf with sticky notes inside reminding me when I borrowed them and where they came from. I try to read these books right away and get them back to their owners.







7 comments:
Loving your blog's template, 'Nise! Very nice! :)
~MizB
My community library isn't online yet. Another library about 15 minutes away is online, so I'm just clueless. It would make my life easier to renew and check due dates online.
I still chuckle at your step system! Happy Monday.
Good grief, look at that borrowed pile!!! Where do you find time with all the books from authors and publishers???
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/01/musing-monday_25.html
I will tell you, the ability to go online and check what you have out and when it is due is a lifesaver.
Like your 'filing' system...lol
I'm with you! It's just too confusing to keep everything together. I have to check my library website a couple of times a week to make sure I don't miss any due dates.
I love your steps!! I keep my library books on their own shelf and arrange them to due date too!!! My other books are in their own little cubby on bookshelves, and stacked on the floor...I've run out of room!!
Wow, thats alot of library books. You have a nice blog. :)
Post a Comment