Monday, November 2, 2009

Social Reading


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about social reading…

How much of your reading do you share with others (outside of blogging?) Do you belong to a book or library club? Do you trade books with friends? Do you tell others what you’re reading?

I am blessed that my daughter, Courtney, and my mom are readers. Courtney and I go to the library together often. My mom lives in Alaska, but we talk to each other 4-5 times a week and many of those conversations are about the books we are reading.

A couple of my friends are readers so we do talk about books. Most of them know how much I read, and are always asking me for recommendations. Their goal is to read something I have not read first.

I will talk to anyone, anywhere about books!

6 comments:

caite said...

I find many people look at me oddly when they find out I am a reader...

kayerj said...

It's nice you can share your interest with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by today.

fredamans said...

Here's my musing: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/11/musing-monday.html

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to have friends that read, no of mine do!

Staci said...

I'm pretty sure if we met at a bookstore that we would strike up a conversation!! I'm like you...I'll talk books with anyone, anywhere!!

Anonymous said...

My firends know I read a lot, but it's only through other book bloggers that I meet people who read more than me :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP