Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mini-Challenge ~ Who Keeps You Company?

**UPDATE* - The winner of this challenge is A Buckeye Girl Reads!


Welcome Read-a- Thoners! I hope you have read tons of pages by now! This challenge is open for the next two hours.

Who or what keeps you company when you read?

Do you have some favorite friends,or a comfy blanket to cozy up with as you read?














Does a pet or two keep you company ? Are they just near you or have to be on you? Does your reading interest them or put them to sleep?








Do you have others hanging around you as you read?










Is your younger brother trying to horn in on your book? Or do you love having a book buddy?









Or do you just want to be alone while reading and can get a little annoyed if others are bothering you?









***The challenge is to show us a picture or tell us who or what keeps you company as you are reading today!!***


Post your entry on your blog and leave your link in the comments. At the end of the challenge a winner will be drawn randomly to win this prize package: (A choice of one of the three books), a teddy bear and Starbucks gift card.


Please leave an email along with your comment. This challenge is open to all participants. Thank you for stopping by and entering this mini-challenge. Happy reading!



I also have chocolate to give away to really creative, funny, etc. entries.
So who or what keeps you company when you read?


Sorry that the pictures and text are so far apart, tried and tried to fix it, but could not.

These are pictures of my kids reading dating back to 1991!




50 comments:

Esme said...

No need to enter me-love the photos-I love reading solo-at the beach with my snacks-cannot stand it when beach friends or pool friends or people on the plane want to yack and all I want to do is read-any companions-besides my bookmark and a reading pillow. No.

Happy Reading

Anonymous said...

Hey..

This is the link to the post where-in you will find the details :)
http://resurfacer.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/read-a-thon-update3/

Please scroll to the bottom..

Very interesting challenge I must say :)

Mail ID: rohiit1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

http://thekannenbergcanon.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/much-better/

No pictures because I think he'd be quite angry: old jeans and a t-shirt that we've just realized actually belongs to my brother...and his tongue stuck out in concentration over the Wii!

Anonymous said...

I can't take a picture of my cell phone with my cell phone...my sons are texting me today!

luv2read said...

Thanks for not requiring a picture this time though I think I can mangage this one. My dog Spunky is always at my feet when I read and at anytime one of my four girls is likely to be around.
spowell01(at)bellsouth(dot)net
http://luv2read-luv2read.blogspot.com

Morph said...

http://moreofmorph.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-readathon-company.html

My fur-babies keep me company.

Katrina said...

Oh I love this one. I took a picture of what is on my lap right now. You might think it is interesting.
http://trinsnook.blogspot.com/2009/10/readathon-hours-5-10-updates.html

Morph said...

Not sure how to leave my email privately. Can you provide yours somehow and I'll email you?

The Shepards said...

O lordy those are some cute kiddos you have there!!!

My email is x_d0nn4_x@yahoo.com

and the link to my post is: http://adkshep.blogspot.com/2009/10/well-here-is-my-read-thon-reading-pile.html

mines not very creative as it's my daughter with me :)

Janicu said...

Oh that would be my cat. He drover me crazy for the first 3 hours but now he's settled. This is a video of him with his favorite toy, Ducky (now imagine my leg as Ducky which was going on this morning): http://www.vimeo.com/6388724

Memory said...

What a great idea for a challenge! Here's my post about Murchie, my read-a-thon buddy: http://xicanti.livejournal.com/155221.html

ErinRagan said...

Fun challenge! Thanks for hosting! :)
http://crazycommamomma.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/hour-8-nises-mini-challenge/

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

There are few who are allowed to be around me when I read but this is the one exception:

http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/24-hour-read-a-thon-mini-challenge/

Anonymous said...

My cats Oz, Toby, and Olive are my reading buddies. They always wait until they see me with a book to demand a good ear/chin scratch!

http://kat-nic.livejournal.com/93509.html

Tami said...

My hubby is my best reading pal. You can find his pic on our blog: http://tdreads.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

I usually read alone or snuggled with one of my doggies but on this occassion I was treated to a Scooby Doo Story read to me by my neice. lol

http://jensbooktalk.blogspot.com/2009/10/deweys-read-thon-mini-challenge-who.html

girlfrienddesignz at gmail dot com

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I normally read while my cute hubby watches t.v. As long as we are by each other we are happy.:) I also read while my kids are playing near me, or they sit on the couch and watch a movie and cuddle.;)

alwayssomething2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Serena said...

Here's my company: http://www.savvyverseandwit.com/2009/10/who-keeps-me-company.html

savvyverseandwit AT gmail DOT com

Crystal Posey said...

Fun! Fun!

http://crystalposey.blogspot.com/2009/10/24-hour-read-thon.html

Scroll down they are near the bottom of the post, can't miss their cute faces.

:D

Ash said...

Here is my company, or lack of company: http://englishmajorjunkfood.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-keeps-me-company-while-im-reading.html

ashbrux(at)yahoo(dot)com

PiperML said...

Great challenge idea. I had fun with this one. Here's the link to my pics.

http://readingdistractions.blogspot.com/2009/10/hour-8-3p-4p.html

Anonymous said...

My company is my dogs...love them!

http://apatchworkofbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon-hour-7-and-some-pictures.html

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

What a great challenge! Mine is here: http://lovesromances.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon-mini-challenge-hour-8.html

buckeyegirlreads at gmail.com

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Here's my entry: http://midnightbookgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-book-reading-companions-challenge.html

I am loving these challenges! You all are so creative! Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to hose my own...

katetoweryATgmailDOTcom

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hey there! I'm always happy to show off my reading buddies. :)

http://trishsbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon-hours-7.html Lexi, our dog.

trishsreadingnook at gmail dot com

Great idea, 'Nise!

Amanda said...

My companion is my wonderful husband: http://zenleaf.blogspot.com/2009/10/readathon-hours-7-8.html

Cass said...

What a cute challenge!

http://bonjourcass.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon-hour-8.html

and the email is bonjourcass AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

Love your photos! You have some very sweet looking reading buddies. I would participate, but my falsh doesn't work, so I have very limited use of my camera. Fun challenge!

Anonymous said...

My puppy keeps me company.

http://carolsnotebook.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/keeping-me-company/

carolsnotebook at yahoo dot com

Karen said...

I'm a loner when reading. The beach is favorite place to read so maybe the ocean and all of it's wonderful sounds is one of my reading buddies

Anonymous said...

I have been putting up photos of my "helper" cats and kittens as I go. The latest one is below:

http://rhinoasramblings.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-thon-end-of-hour-9.html

Eliza Osborn said...

My iPod is keeping me company:

http://learningtoread.livejournal.com/126307.html

Great challenge, thank you!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

what great photos. My cat Freckles and my IPOD (audio book) are keeping me company now :)

Michelle said...

I posted about my cats and my husband.
http://mybooksmylife.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/update-8-hours-in/

Thanks for hosting!

Michelle
mybooksmylifeATgmailDOTcom

Wendy said...

My furchildren are hanging with me today! Here is my post.

caribousmom (at) gmail (dot) com

Luluette said...

I just posted a picture of my main reading buddy on my blog...

http://luluettesfineprint.blogspot.com/

She's my furbaby - a black kitty named Familiar. I call her Familiar because a witch has an animal companion, which is known as a...familiar! The best known familiar...a black cat! However, I'm not a witch...I just loved the idea for a name.

Also reading with my buddy Christa - she and I are cheering each other through.

Visit her here!

http://squirrelreads24hr.blogspot.com/

Joseph said...

Thank you for hosting this minichallenge. Here is a post with photos of those that are keeping me company during the readathon. You can email me at jramaswami{at}gmail{dot}com.

Eva said...

Here's my entry:
http://astripedarmchair.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/deweys-read-a-thon-hour-9/

And my e-mail:
astripedarmchairATgmailDOTcom

Luluette said...

OOOPS!!!

I forgot to leave my email...

Here you go!

luluettester at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

My kitties are my reading buddies!!

I posted about them earlier this week, but this post is linked in all my update posts because I keep track of how they are tempting me to sleep.

http://www.iheartmonster.com/2009/06/my-feline-reading-buddies.html

Cindy said...

Thank you for this mini challange!

My bear of 21 years keeps me company Bear Bear and a Halloween Cat!

http://cindysbookshelf.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-keeps-me-company-while-i-read.html

Is where I talk about it. And I can be reached at Angelicbaby1313(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Unknown said...

This might be too late, I had some trouble getting it posted, but I am happy to post my fur babies who keep my cozy while I read! I see you have some wonderful company!

Cuddly Kitties

Unknown said...

I forgot my email!

Aimala127@gmail.com!

WinterWrite said...

What a great idea!

http://www.winterwrite.com/archives/376

Winterwrite At Gmail Dot Com

Suey said...

Here's my post with pictures:

http://sueysbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/readathon-mini-challenge-who-keeps-me.html

My email: jenstusue AT yahoo

Arielle said...

It's fun to see who others have to keep them company!

Here is mine:
http://bookatopia.blogspot.com/2009/10/read-athon-update-4.html

arielleb42[at]gmail[dot]com

Marg said...

Mine is here:

http://readingadventures.blogspot.com/2009/10/whos-keeping-me-company.html

Brittany Kay said...

http://www.blogster.com/zairaduvessa/keeping-me-company-read-a-thon

There is my post! It's so interesting finding out who keeps who company!

darkdestiny13@hotmail.com is the addy

Sara said...

Here's mine...Mrow...

http://scoffeepie.livejournal.com/467064.html

Sara said...

Oops...forgot to leave an email address...shb00@hampshire.edu

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP