Tuesday, August 11, 2009

June Bug

In Walmart parking lots all across America, RVs are often found at the start of the business day. At most locations, story policy allows limited free parking overnight. One morning, a little girl steps out of one of those RVs and walks to the store. Just inside, her eyes are drawn to the missing children board, and she is shocked to recognize her own face. She had no idea she was lost, nor does she know who lost her. She's never been called by the name on the poster. Her dad calls her June Bug.

This discovery begins a quest for the truth about her father, the mother he rarely speaks of, and ultimately herself. But when her fathers past catches up with them, forces beyond his control draw them back to Dogwood, West Virginia, down a winding path that will change their lives forever.

My thoughts: I got distracted when I read this was a modern interpretation of Les Miserables and instead of focusing on the characters and what was happening to them I was trying to figure out who was who from Les Mis. Once I got past that, I could concentrate on the story. I wanted a different ending but was overall satisfied.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Chris Fabry is a native of West Virginia who hosts the daily program Chris Fabry Live! on Moody Radio. He and his wife, Andrea, are the parents of nine children. Chris is the author of Dogwood, his first novel for adults, and co-author of Jim Tressel’s New York Times best-selling The Winners Manual. Chris has also published more than sixty other books, including many novels for children and young adults.

Visit the author's
website.

Product Details:
List Price: $13.99
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers (July 9, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1414319568
ISBN-13: 978-1414319568


Thank you to Tyndale House Publishers, Vicky Lynch and Chris Fabry for the opportunity to read and review this book.

5 comments:

Beth F said...

Too funny that you were distracted by the comparison to Les Miserables. But good to know that it was worth the read.

Book Bird Dog said...

Interesting. Wonder if you found any resemblance to Les Miserables?

Staci said...

The premise sounds really interesting. I'll have to check this one out!!

Missy B. said...

I have lived in West Virginia and both of my parents are from there...so any story that takes place there, I want to read! I'm adding this to my wish list...thanks for the great review!

Jenny Girl said...

I've done that a few times too. Don't feel bad. I'll have to check this one out.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP