
Pat Nolan, an American man, is summoned to Paris to claim the body of his estranged daughter Megan, who has committed suicide. The body, however, is not Megan's and it becomes instantly clear to Pat that Megan staged this, that she is in serious trouble, and that she is calling to him for help.
This sends Pat on an odyssey that stretches across France and into the Czech Republic and that makes him the target of both the French police and a band of international terrorists. Joining Pat on his search is Catherine Laurence, a beautiful but tormented Paris detective who sees in Pat something she never thought she'd find--genuine passion and desperate need. As they look for Megan, they come closer to each other's souls and discover love when both had long given up on it.
Juxtaposed against this story is Megan's story. A freelance journalist, Megan is in Morocco to do research when she meets Abdel Lahani, a Saudi businessman. They begin a torrid affair, a game Megan has played often and well in her adult life. But what she discovers about Lahani puts her in the center of a different kind of game, one with rules she can barely comprehend. Because of her relationship with Lahani, Megan has made some considerable enemies. And she has put the lives of many--maybe even millions--at risk.
Like a really good movie that has you so engrossed you don’t realize two hours have gone by, this book had me engaged from page one until I finished. The story and characters unfold as the chapters alternate between Pat’s quest to find his daughter and understand why she faked her suicide, and Megan’s journey to where she had no choice but to do so.
This international thriller is well-paced full of suspense with interesting characters. I highly recommend this well-written debut novel.
Please stop by some of the other tour stops for A World I Never Made:
Monday, June 1st: Thoughts of Joy
Thursday, June 4th: Raging Bibliomania
Monday, June 8th: Musings of a Bookish Kitty
Thursday, June 11th: Under the Boardwalk
Monday, June 15th: The Printed Page
Thursday, June 18th: Life in the Thumb
Monday, June 22nd: Alvah’s Books
Tuesday, June 23rd: The Bookworm
Thursday, June 25th: Jen’s Book Thoughts
Tuesday, June 30th: Beth Fish Reads
Thank you TLC Book Tours for the opportunity to review this book.






9 comments:
Sounds exciting! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into your review!
The bookstore is really pushing it but I didn't pay much attention to the hype. It does sound intriguing now! :)
I just skimmed to the bottom so I won't be influenced. So glad you liked it. I'm looking forward to it.
Sounds like one of the thrillers that I'd have trouble putting down.
great review! i'm reading this one now :O)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
Sounds really good!
Good review Nise!! I'm working on my review this weekend. I enjoyed the book too!!
Sounds like a fascinating story! I'm glad. You enjoyed it!
You know I wasn't sure I would like this book so I had passed it up but reviews like yours and a few others I've read make me think I shouldn't have. Great review Nise.
Post a Comment