Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Missing

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"The mother cried, "Why would someone try to take Lily?" and the sound of her voice made him understand that today might not be like every other day, that something terrible could be happening. Some long-dormant fear woke up in him, the mysterious taste of ash welling up on the back of his tongue." page 34

The Missing by Tim Gautreaux



I have returned home after WWI and got a job as a floorwalker in New Orleans’ best department store and am looking forward to getting on with my life with my wife. A child disappears and when I fail to lock down the store I am fired. I take a job on a riverboat that employs the girl's parents and begin to uncover the mystery of her kidnapping that links to my family's tragedy.


Discover out where others find themselves at An Adventure In Reading

10 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

You have vetted my appetite. I have to read it!

Tuesdays: Teasers/Whereabouts

Harvee44 said...

Always interesting - novels about missing persons. My teaser takes you on a train through the Andes mountains in Bolivia.

Anonymous said...

Well, this sounds mysterious. I want to know more. Great teasers!

Beth F said...

That's new to me book. Interesting.

kayerj said...

oh this sounds good, so complex. I am here

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I had this one from the library but had to return it unread. I does look good. Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

Well I am certainly intrigued - job done!

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

Oh man that freaks me out just reading it and I know it is just a book teaser. Hopefully they figure out what is going on and real soon.

Alice said...

This is a good one!

Here's mine from The Missing Ink by Karen E. Olson.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really intriguing.. Nice one

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP