Monday, May 11, 2009

Musing Monday


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS

Have you ever finished a book, then turned around and immediately re-read it? Why? What book(s)? (question courtesy of MizB)

The last time I immediately re-read a book was in middle school. Black Beauty and Catcher in the Rye were two books that I began over as soon as I finished them. Now I find myself re-reading chapters but not an entire book.

Have you immediately re-read a book you just finished?

13 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I think non of us have the time now. Our TBR piles are mountain high.

caite said...

hey, Catcher in the Rye was one of my limited re-reads in my foolish youth.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Catcher In The Rye's in mine! And I've read Black Beauty a few times, and absolutely love it.

PS : love the banner!

Jenny Girl said...

i have never read these two. I tried Catcher in high school and didn't like it for soem reason. Someday I'll try again.

Nan said...

Both good books that you mentioned! I do find myself rereading parts of chapters, mostly because my mind drifted in my reading and I can't remember what I just read. :-)

Michelle said...

I don't think that I have ever done that before. There are too many books that I want to read. There are a couple of books that I have loved enough to maybe do that some day though.

Anonymous said...

There are just too many good books to reread much.

Anonymous said...

Other than my ultimate favorites, it happens only when I don’t understand what I’m reading.

Kim said...

I am definitely not a re-reader! And curiously, I have managed to live 47 years and never read Catcher in the Rye!
*smiles*
Kim

Yvonne said...

I just have too many books in my TBR to re-read.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I haven't re-read a book *for myself* for years. Now, I do read and re-read to the kids all the time, but that's not what you're asking.

I truly can't remember the last time I re-read a favorite book "just because"!

Elena said...

haha totally agree with the re-reading chapters bit. I loved Black Beauty when I was younger, that one's due for a re-read, and Catcher in the Rye is in the dreaded tbr list.

Staci said...

I've never immediately re-read a book but I am re-reading Twilight..I'm a geek!~

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP