Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

I just started Silent On The Moor by Deanna Raybourn

"He has offered you nothing, made no plans for the future, has not even written, and you still mean to go to him?" "I must. I will know when I see him again. If there is nothing there, I will return to London by the first train and never speak of him again, never wonder what might have been." Page 16


raidergirl3 at An Adventure in Reading asks, "Where is reading taking you today?"

It's 1888 Lady Julia Grey is on her way from London to Yorkshire to show up unannounced at Nicholas Brisbane's.

17 comments:

Beth F said...

Oooh. This sounds good! I'm an HF fan.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Ooh, good teaser!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That sound like my kind of book! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Kaye said...

Sounds like one determined Lady Julia. I still have this one on the tbr pile. Do you think you need to read the first in the series or can this one be read alone?

Here's my Teaser

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

It sounds as though Lady Julia may get her heart broken! Great teaser!

CeeCee said...

The things we do for love! I wonder what surprises lie ahead. Consider me teased!

Anonymous said...

Nice teaser. I am looking forward to reading the Lady Julia Grey series!

Erika Powell said...

such a great teaser, sometimes you just gotta go do something for yourself!

My teaser tuesday

Wendi said...

Oh I LOVE this book - this and the first book were my favorites in the series. I didn't think the second one kept my attention quite as well. I sure hope Deanna Raybourn writes more about Lady Julia and Nicholas Brisbane . . . :)

Here's my Teaser about the lion and the lamb from Twilight! ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Oh, a good old fashioned love story. Perfect for Spring. Well, any time really. Thanks.

kayerj said...

it does sound like a good old fashioned love story

It does sound like a good old fashioned love story, if I'm going to read a romance, that's the kind I like

It is early 1960's. I am at a peach farm just outside Sylvan, South Carolina, population 3,100. Peach stands and Baptist churches, that sums it up.

--visit to read my teaser

Jenny Girl said...

Ack! I am dying to read this book but I have other commitments. Hope you are enjoying it. Excellent teaser.

Ladytink_534 said...

Uh-oh, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! Wonder what happens next?!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hi - I'm here from The Ultimate Blog Party. I see your Dewey badge up in the corner. I'm not doing the read-a-thon, but I am doing the year-long reading challenge.

Here's my teaser, from Stella MacLean's March Harlequin Super Romance release, 'Baby in Her Arms':

"Because you can dance and I know how much you enjoy it. And I believe your skills could come in handy for me."

Widower Sam wonders if his next door neighbor Emily, also a widow, would go with him to ballroom dancing lessons.

Marg said...

I am hoping to get my hands on this book soon! I so love the dynamic between Julia and Brisbane, particularly in the first book.

ibeeeg said...

Ok... this book is on my TBR list but my goodness, after reading your teaser sentence, this book will now be put on my nightstand for reading in April.

sally906 said...

Good teaser - I have just finished Silent in the sanctuary - I have silent on the moor on order :)

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP