Monday, February 5, 2024

Always Remember by Mary Balogh


Left unable to walk by a childhood illness, Lady Jennifer, sister of the Duke of Wilby, has grown up to make a happy place for herself in society. Outgoing and cheerful, she has many friends and enjoys the pleasures of high society—even if she cannot dance at balls or stroll in Hyde Park. She is blessed with a large, loving, and protective family. But she secretly dreams of marriage and children, and of walking—and dancing.


When Ben Ellis comes across Lady Jennifer as she struggles to walk with the aid of primitive crutches, he instantly understands her yearning. He is a fixer. It is often said of him that he never saw a practical problem he did not have to solve. He wants to help her discover independence and motion—driving a carriage, swimming, even walking a different way. But he must be careful. He is the bastard son of the late Earl of Stratton. Though he was raised with the earl’s family, he knows he does not really belong in the world of the ton.

Jennifer is shocked—and intrigued—by Ben’s ideas, and both families are alarmed by the growing friendship and perhaps more that they sense developing between the two. A duke’s sister certainly cannot marry the bastard son of an earl. Except sometimes, love can find a way.

A lovely slow building story of friendship to love between two characters, (not wanting to be a burden to their families), determined to make the best life for themselves. Looking forward to the return to Ravenswood and the Ware family.

*thanks to Berkley/NetGalley for this review copy*


3 Bears
Liked It

2 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I just read the first in the trilogy and have this on my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn T said...

I 5 bears it!! I just finished reading it yesterday and loved it. I liked the slow build and having met her in #2 I was so keen for the story and I loved Joy.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP