Monday, January 1, 2024

December Wrap Up



December
•Total Read: 8
•Audios: 2
•New to me authors:  1
•Debut authors: 0
•Series Books:  6
•Women Authors: 5
•Men Authors: 3


•YTD - 105

TITLES READ:
An Inconvenient Earl by Julia London
Cross Down by JP and Brendan Dubois
Desperate Acts by Alexandra Ivy
Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich
Forevermore by Dannika Dark (audio)
Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood
Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich (audio)
The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci



Thoughts on a few of the books I read last month:



An Inconvenient Earl by Julia London #4

Emma's husband has been gone on an expedition for a long while, she enjoys her freedom and does not miss him.  When the man bringing the news of her husband's demise drops dead practically at her doorstep Emma decides to keep the news to herself for as long as she can.  A mysterious stranger arrives and she has to be creative to keep anyone from finding out what news he may be bringing.  Luka is intrigued by Emma and wonders what she is doing and how long she can do it.  An urgent plea arrives for him and he must return to his homeland.   Both have decisions to make about the truth and each other.  What will they decide?
*Thanks to Canary Street Press?Netgalley for this review copy*



Forevermore by Dannika Dark (audio)  #12.5

This novella was a special treat to the conclusion of the Crossbreed series featuring Raven and Christian. Nicole Poole does a fantastic job with all the voices.




The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci

Travis Devine takes the same train every morning. Littles does he know how important this train ride will be when he is drawn into the death of a co-worker.  A fast-paced, twisty thriller that I hope will be turned into a series featuring Travis.





Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich #30

Stephanie takes a side job after a jewelry store robbery.  She is also watching Morelli's dog that can't be left alone. Lula moves in after her home is fire bombed.  Then things get really crazy and she need a little help. Fast paced and entertaining. Interesting ending with leading us to believe Stephanie will have to make a choice.  Enjoyed the 30 favorite quotes that the end.




HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Linking to these memes:

Kathryn at Book Date hosts IMWAYR?, a place to  meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great opportunity to organize yourself, visit, comment, and add to that every growing TBR pile.


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received.






6 comments:

Yvonne said...

You read some great books. I have to get back to the Stephanie Plum series. I used to read them as soon as they came out but a few years ago I seem to have gotten away from it.

Happy New Year!

Kay said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year, Nise'! Glad you are still updating us on your reading and letting us know what you've enjoyed.

Kathryn T said...

This time Nise all books new to me. Julia London's book intrigues me, imagine someone coming to tell you your husband is dead and dropping dead themselves!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Happy New Year!

Literary Feline said...

I do enjoy Baldacci's writing. I will have to check The 6:20 Man out. I really want to read Love, Theoretically as I've heard such good things about it. I hope you have a Happy New Year, Nise'!

Marg said...

Happy New Year!!

I can't believe that Stephanie Plum is still going strong!!

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP