Lachlan, Florida
Spring 2017
Sara was sitting in Jack's drab, sunless apartment on an old chair someone had given him. She let her shoulders droop and her head sag in an attempt to show every minute of sixty-plus years of life. It wasn't helping that she'd been in boxing class at 6:00 a.m. When she moved her arm, she gave an involuntary gasp. She was sore from all those uppercuts her trainer had made her do. As she watched Jack stumble about the dreary room on his crutches, she tried not to show how her heart was breaking for him.
A Willing Murder by Jude Deveraux
It was Jack's deep sense of guilt and his grief that Sara was worried about. She was determined to do whatever was necessary to get him to stay with her in her huge house. She wanted to make sure that he didn't do...well, something dumb.
Enter to win an ARC of Summoned to Thirteenth Grave by Darynda Jones here. Enter to win the complete set of the Charley Davidson series here








3 comments:
That intro made me smile a bit. The occasional aches and pains we experience in our 60's LOL
Yep, I'll say I think I'd experience a few twinges if I took a boxing class. I'm curious about this book. A different sort for this author.
I'd actually forgotten about this author. I like this opening. I'm going to see if our library has a copy. I glad you shared this book.
Post a Comment