Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday Intro/Teaser

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a weekly meme introduced by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea  and now hosted by Vicki of I'd Rather Be At The Beach every Tuesday. To participate share the opening paragraph or two of a book you've decided to read based on that paragraph. Please feel free to join in, First Chapter~First Paragraph~Tuesday Intros.


Ballard and Jenkins rolled up on the house on El Centro shortly before midnight. It was the first call of the shift. There was already a patrol cruiser at the curb out front and Ballard recognized the two blue suiters standing on the front porch of the bungalow with a gray-haired woman in a bathrobe. John Stanley was the shift's senior lead officer - the secret boss - and his partner was Jacob Ross. "I think this one's yours," Jenkins said.


The Late Show by Michael Connelly
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker


Ballard and Jenkins didn't make it back to the station to begin writing the report on the Lantana burglary. They were diverted to Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center by the watch commander to check out an assault.





10 comments:

Yvonne said...

This one has been on my wishlist. I've heard good things about it.

Kay said...

Some of my mystery group mentioned reading this one last year. They were very positive in their comments. It's on my list.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read Connelly in ages...I love the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds like a good police procedural. I haven't read anything by the author before. This week I have A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn. I'm hooked on this historical mystery series. Happy reading!

Alice Audrey said...

I guess when you're a cop, if it isn't one thing it's another.

Unknown said...

This is definitely right up my alley!

https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/tuesday-teaser-intro-no-place-like-you/

Unknown said...

Great choice. I'm behind on his books and need to catch up.

My TT from Hearse And Gardens

Margot said...

I loved this book and the new character. I hope you enjoy to too.

Literary Feline said...

I love Michael Connelly! I hope you enjoy this one. :-)

Irene said...

I have not read Connelly for a very long time. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you for your visit.

Labels

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP